cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help!!! sticky urgent situation and need to close....yesterday!!!

tag
lauriahm03

Help!!! sticky urgent situation and need to close....yesterday!!!

Ok so trying to kep this as short as possible, my situation is this. I was preparing to purchase a home in the summer of next year when a realtor kind of introduced me to the idea of doing it this summer. 2014. So, I found out help was available but it wasnt "free down payment help" but rather a loan that sits in the background and upon selling of the house, I will have to repay it. So, I got with a lender, got "preapproved" and starting looking for a house. I am an ideal buyer as far as debt to income, completely brought my credit up(startig in low 500's in 2010 to my lowest score now being 680ish) so, after a rude incident with the first lender and not really having anybody show me the ropes I decided to switch. Still hadnt found house yet but this guy was great. BUT he wasnt able to do loans like the one I needed. So then I found the house and switched to wells fargo. The LO was great at first, responding all the time and being very informative but then, after I walked away from that house on inspection and found another house, she didnt provide me with formal application until a week after I was supposed to sign. So, I figured if this was the starting point and I was dealing with her being negligent from jump, I should switch sooner rather than later. So, I wound up scurrying back to the very first LO and he informed me, he could help me, all is good blah blah. This was great. That was june 5th. So I he was sent a contract(original one before final counter offer was accepted) from my realtor and ran numbers from there sending them to me and I realozed something was wrong but it was now approaching the weekend so everyone assured me he knew what he was doing, had the contract and the numbers were fine. I was boiling inside cause I was wasting a whole weekend doing nothing while everyone else figured out I was right. So monday finally gets there and I meet with him and he informs me I would need to come up with 4,000 towards closing costs, on top of the bond loan. So, I had to walk away cause I couldnt manage to get that loan per those terms. Keep in mind now, im almost 3 months into this at this point and school starts here in aug so time was just ticking for me. Not to mention i had already paid for 2 inspections and didnt know it at the time but was about to lose 300 of my binder because someone ordered the survey before i had approval. So...I had to wait 2 more days(work around my realtors schedule) to go see more houses. Also I should say I am buying in a city an hour away so ive been very understanding the circumstances werent the easiest. So this realtor(same one from beginning and same one who sent wrong contract) meets me out there with only 3 houses on the list in the middle of my working day with my 2 kids and shows me these houses. Also, please keep in mind every house she had shown me in the entire process were ones i found online and sent to her. Well, the last one was it!! Pool and everythig and cheaper. She tried to make me wait til the following day to put an offer in and I pleaded with her we would lose the house if we waited and I was running out of time anyway. We had already lost a couple we really like because she always wanted to wait. LO and behold, when we return back to current city, we find out the house is in multiple offer situation and seller wanted all final and best. So, I offered,, netting them 500 over asking. (All my own numbers, no help or input from agent at all) same situation with the first 2 houses. Anyway, we got the house and jt was perfect. Inspection was great and seller fixed issues for us. So, my realtor went on vacay for 2 weeks and everythig was so smooth while she was gone because as soon as she returned, she was asking  me if I ordered the survey. Well in my response I cc d my LO and replied no, wanting to see if they were ok with it. He immediately calls me and says dont order it until k give u the go ahead, we need your approval so you arent wasting $. Thank god I added him the email, right? So...5 daysbefore were supposed tl close(was supposed to be july 14th) he tells me his Iinstitutions requirements are stricter than some and I was approved through DU and but per their standards my dti was too much. He was very helpful and agreed to transfer my appraisal and provide everything for a new lender and told me exactly what to ask and tell one I found to see if they could help. So he was very great for that and sent me an email witn all my docs that I could speed up the process with by forwarding straight to whomever said they could help given the circumstances. I went with the person who directly told me it wouldnt be an issue and I was able to sign formal application on the 10th. So....here we r. 15 days later, everything handed right to him, appraisal done and only thing lacking is an approval and a survey. On the 11th, he gave me a preapproval that we could send with he extension request but it was a condition committment to lend letter so I thought we wojld be closing in no time since all the conditions were already met aside from survey. So he says he could submit to underwriting the following friday(the 18th) a we would be good. I dont know what has been happening since except ive had to ask for a status then he tells me he needs something. So I send it, thinking we r close and then nothing. So I try again to call and email and finally he will answer and request more things to prove. So I comply each time thinking we have to close soon, right?nope. So all week this week( ive been off work cause I was initially planning to move this week had we closed july 14h and when I knew we werent I took the time anyway cause im so darn stressed out.) I started monday morning telling him I needed to close by the end of the month and explaining why in regards to obligations there and my daughter starting school.That was giving him 10 days. Nothing. Then tuesday, he answered had me send in proof of funds to show reserves and I did. That didnt make sense to me cause I was ideally a great case. And easy as all the work was pretty much copy and paste. So he got in touch with title company so I hought he was moving along. Then I near nothing, email him thursday and tell him I need an answer or I was going to have to walk away from the whole deal because I had obligations in the new city that needed me. Yesterday!! He says he submitted to underwriting for review and should hear today about it. Well 7:30 last night he says they granted the okay to move forward. I thought that was it but wasnt certain so I asked if there was a close date in my near future. He replies with wanting my realtors contact info. So I give it to him, he calls her and finds out the paper extension is for the 11th lf august. I was pressing sooner because I need to be in the new city asap, definitely not aug 11th, its just nkt feasible for me given my situation. So...he called got me to send him something else and said he was sending to processing and it would be ready to go to the underwriter soon. Wait, what?? I thought thats where it just came from. So I called my realtor and asked what she interpreted it as. She said he asked to get a new extension but when he found out the date was the 11th, said he may be able tl do that. When she found out I was going have to walk away because there was no way I could close on the 11th, she acted like it wasnt a big deal. Until I reiterated. At which point, her suggested solution was to have my daughter wait to start school after everyone else or whatever. That was enough to make me burst!!! Are you kidding me?? I have done and sacrificed everything and now thats what my option is?? Not so much. I told her I would let her knowwhat I decided soon. I Iimmediately vented fora bit then sent an email to the LO, his assistant, my realtor and her boss. Told them all that my needs as a customer werent being met and if someone couldnt give me a reasonable date to close(they now all know my situation and my daughters school) which they all knew well in advance cause I was telling them all that when I was tryjng to get answers all week. But I reitered in the email, asked them to use their own judgment as to when they think is feasible to let me close, wait 3 days for keys, move, transition my home office bcause I work from home full time then get my daughter ready for school in a whole different city a whole new school and everything. Oh and on top, I have to close the previous month for my job ALSO on aug 11th. So...if I do not get a date at least for a week sooner, I will walk away and everyone including me lose money here. It is so frustrating to be saying the same thing over and over just to not be heard and finally have to blow up when it gets down to the wire. If my needs as a customer cant be met, thats an issue. Im asking for a week...maybe could do 6 days prior so its not a miracle im asking for, its little understanding that I simply CANT close on the 11th or after. The house im in now is being rented out aug 1st. I cant close aug 11th. What dont they get??? I need an address to register her first off but all the other things depending on this just make it all the more frustrating. Im so fed up with my realtor and all the other BS that im willing to be stubborn, walk away, try to rent down there and start over. With a whole new team next year.  any opinions or advice here is welcomed. Thanks in advance.

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
lesse
Frequent Contributor

Re: Help!!! sticky urgent situation and need to close....yesterday!!!

I have learned you can't rush the process IMO with certain lenders ... Seems
Some just don't care about your timelines and the ones that do are hard to find. The loan officer is kinda like intake, then sometimes it goes to a processor and the lo indicates it's with underwriting but really the processor keeps it a few days then sends to underwriting which can take 3-4 business days with my lender . So in turn they say it's with underwriting but then the processor will ask for something so it's confusing . I understand your predicament and once you have explained it they either get it done or not. Now though it seems like it's not moving I've seen on here last minute literally hours before or the same
Morning people
Have gotten their clear to close ... Crazy but just have faith and make alternate plans in case
START (FICO): 1/28/2013 EQ: 499 EX: 558 TU: 536
Lender Pull:
UPDATED SCORE 10/2015: EX: 763 TU: 709 EQ: 720

GOAL 800 Across the board
Wallet:Credit One $600; NFCU (secured- Changed to unsecured) $7500; NFCU (Unsecured)$500- increase to $12,500 BOA: $1000 Home Depot/Lowes $800 each Childrens Place $350 Sams Club $800
Garden Time Smiley Happy
Message 2 of 8
ezdriver
Senior Contributor

Hmmm...I can't tell on what issue the OP is seeking opinion/advice.

Message 3 of 8
bdhu2001
Valued Contributor

@ezdriver wrote:

Hmmm...I can't tell on what issue the OP is seeking opinion/advice.

Which is why I didn't venture in with advice; but as near as I can tell OP was looking and offering on multiple houses and with two different lenders.  I can't tell if OP was Pre-approved by either lender and provided docs up-front, but OP was convinced to look for a home now by current real estate agent. OP does not actually have down payment money, so I don't know howthat won't show up in underwriting (i.e proof of source of funds).

However, trusting that the situation on the down payment works as the realtor stated, the current issue is that OP has found a wonderful home, but it doesn't look like it will close on time so that OP can move into home and kids start school on time.  OP's current residence will be rented out to someone else effective 8/1/2014.

Having said all that, OP establish a back up plan for what you'll do if it doesn't close on time.  Where will you be living on 8/1/14?  Do you have family that you can stay with in the interim? Can you get an extension on your current residence and pay a prorated daily rate (i.e pay through 8/12/14)?  It does take time for your lender to process your loan even if "all your ducks are in a row" and everything runs smoothly.  From what I've read, closing is 30-45 days on quick ones that have been pre-approved where they have all your paper work.  On the plus side, I think the buying frenzy has slowed down so there shouldn't be a backlog.

Now take a breath and breathe.  This too shall pass and you and your family will have a beautiful home to show for it.

Hoping you the best on your house buying journey.

Original Mortgage maturity Sept 2044; Refi maturity Dec 2030
Starting Score: EX 751 EQ 720 TU 737 on 4/9/14
Current Score: EX 849 EQ 835 TU 843
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 8
Laura1369
Regular Contributor

Most schools will allow you to use the purchase contract as proof of address to register. I know I am using it to register my daughter. I know that doesn't help anything else out but it might be something.

Message 5 of 8
DrZoidberg
Established Contributor

Paragraphs save lives.

Message 6 of 8
ezdriver
Senior Contributor

@DrZoidberg wrote:

Paragraphs save lives.

LOL ... and words can hurt [Per Geico commercial!]

Message 7 of 8
bdhu2001
Valued Contributor

@Laura1369 wrote:

Most schools will allow you to use the purchase contract as proof of address to register. I know I am using it to register my daughter. I know that doesn't help anything else out but it might be something.

Wonderful suggestion Laura 1369.  I know you can use your child care's address, but this didn't even dawn on me "duh."

Original Mortgage maturity Sept 2044; Refi maturity Dec 2030
Starting Score: EX 751 EQ 720 TU 737 on 4/9/14
Current Score: EX 849 EQ 835 TU 843
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.