Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with Fico mortgage scores

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Help with Fico mortgage scores

Hello maybe someone on here can help. I have been rebuilding my cerdit for awhile now to get a mortgage. My fico mortgage scores are running a little below my fico 8 scores. I recently paid of almost all of my credit cards. While I recieved a bump in my fico 8 by 26 points my fico mortgage score went down. I currently have a total of 12 open trade lines and only 5 are reprting a balance. My utilization is down to 12%. I have no idea what to do in order to improve my fico mortgage scores. I have a few old collections that are almost 7 years old (3 of them) that I have tried PFD and they won't do it. Not sure how much that is affecting my score since thwy are so old. I do not have any late payments in the last 6 1/2 years. Any advice I would appreciate.

7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Help with Fico mortgage scores

What is your credit mix like? Do you have installment loans that you pay on? If you have collections that are almost 7 years old you could try calling the credit reporting agency and asking for a early deletion. I've seen some have luck with this if it is scheduled to come off within the next 1-2 months. 

Message 2 of 8
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Hello maybe someone on here can help. I have been rebuilding my cerdit for awhile now to get a mortgage. My fico mortgage scores are running a little below my fico 8 scores. I recently paid of almost all of my credit cards. While I recieved a bump in my fico 8 by 26 points my fico mortgage score went down. I currently have a total of 12 open trade lines and only 5 are reprting a balance. My utilization is down to 12%. I have no idea what to do in order to improve my fico mortgage scores. I have a few old collections that are almost 7 years old (3 of them) that I have tried PFD and they won't do it. Not sure how much that is affecting my score since thwy are so old. I do not have any late payments in the last 6 1/2 years. Any advice I would appreciate.

My mortgage scores jumped when I had balance on only three cards.  EQ mortgage is now higher than Fico 8.  I also have a secured installment loan (500 is treated the same as 5000 or 50000 in Fico scoring models).  I have payed it down to less than 10 %, it has yet to report, will get another bump.  I am carrying a total of 3% combined util on 3 cards.  Pay off some cards, look up the Should I get an installment loan thread, and get util below 5% on three or less cards.  If you only have five cards, then carry on two, if only three cards, then carry on one.

Signature needs updating
Message 3 of 8
GirlMelanie89
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Did you make sure you ordered (updated) your mortgage score? I dont think it uodates automatically like the regukar FICO score, but I could be wrong. 

Bankruptcy discharged: May 2014 Starting Score: 571 Goal Score: 700
Current Score: 676 (EQ FICO) 674 (EX FICO) 662 (TU FICO)

Mortgage Loan Originator in Kentucky
Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

My credit mix has an A rating. I have 3 installment loans and 10 credit cards. Only 4 have a very small balance on them. 

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes I ordered an updated score since only fico 8 updates as there is a change

Message 6 of 8
GirlMelanie89
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Yes I ordered an updated score since only fico 8 updates as there is a change

Hmmm...that is concerning.  I have paid off all of my CC debt from 83% to 1% and if my score goes down, I will be devastated! What is your scoe if you dont mind my asking? It would seem that you only have the option to wait and allow time to increase it, but nobody wants to do that! Smiley Sad Try reporting 3 accounds with balances as the previous poster suggested.  At this point, you dont have too much to lose. Im sorry. :-(

Bankruptcy discharged: May 2014 Starting Score: 571 Goal Score: 700
Current Score: 676 (EQ FICO) 674 (EX FICO) 662 (TU FICO)

Mortgage Loan Originator in Kentucky
Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Fico 8 scores are EX 627 TU 639 and EQ 607

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.