cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with removing dispute comments on credit report?

tag
surbee
Valued Member

Help with removing dispute comments on credit report?

Hello! Thank you everyone for your assistance up until now. My score has improved tremendously over the past year! I'm now looking for any assistance folks may be able to provide in getting dispute comments removed on a credit report.

I've had success getting "account disputed" removed from all affected accounts via Experian. TransUnion has taken care of some but not all, and Equifax as well has acted on some but not all. I have 2 with EQ that need the "dispute" comment removed and 4 with TU that need the comment removed. All have zero balances and are paid in full. 

Super frustrating and I need QUICK action to get TU and EQ taken care of.

Any advice? I've called, I've written... I leave messages. Can a rapid rescorer take care of this? Can I hire a rapid rescorer myself?

My loan officer is a bit slow to reply to my questions on this front and I'm starting to get nervous.

-------------
06/2013 -- TU 690 - EX 674 - EQ 673
03/2013 -- TU 638 - EX 685 - EQ 654
01/2013 -- TU 607 - EX 573 - EQ 597

GOAL -- All Above 700... I'll get there soon enough!
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
drkaje
Senior Contributor

Re: Help with removing dispute comments on credit report?

Shanethemortgageman has an excellent thread about how to remove dispute comments.

I don't believe you're personally supposed to be charged for rapid re-scores. Besides, comments don't affect your score.

In my case, there was a comment that needed to go on one report. I withdrew the dispute and it went *poof!*

Starting Score: 675
Current Score: EX 753 FICO, EQ 737FICO, TU 738
Goal Score: 776 FICO

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 5
surbee
Valued Member

thanks for your reply @drkaje - definitely have read that post but my results with TU and EQ were only half satisfactory for some reason!

when you say you withdrew the dispute... was that with the credit bureau? mine are unfortunately ones disputed months ago, investigation complete or settled but still with dispute comments midway through the comment thread. so frustrating but i am going to make some more calls tomorrow!
-------------
06/2013 -- TU 690 - EX 674 - EQ 673
03/2013 -- TU 638 - EX 685 - EQ 654
01/2013 -- TU 607 - EX 573 - EQ 597

GOAL -- All Above 700... I'll get there soon enough!
Message 3 of 5
drkaje
Senior Contributor

@surbee wrote:
@Anonymous for your reply @drkaje - definitely have read that post but my results with TU and EQ were only half satisfactory for some reason!

when you say you withdrew the dispute... was that with the credit bureau? mine are unfortunately ones disputed months ago, investigation complete or settled but still with dispute comments midway through the comment thread. so frustrating but i am going to make some more calls tomorrow!

Other forums used to basically reccommend removing old addresses followed by blanket disputes, regardless of information accuracy.

I disputed some incorrect information, with proof, but it still came back verified. Some years later I called the reporting agency and basically said, I no longer dispute the information's accuracy and it was removed. Really wasn't true but I wanted the dispute comments removed to increase the chances of getting a mortgage.

In the end it worked out, though I didn't get a mortgage. The tradeline ended up being deleted 1.5 years early.

My guess is you have to say "I wish to withdraw the dispute" or something to that effect. How can they have dispute comments when there's no dispute?

Starting Score: 675
Current Score: EX 753 FICO, EQ 737FICO, TU 738
Goal Score: 776 FICO

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 5
tammyjk
Regular Contributor

In my case, I faxed the creditor and within 24 hours it was removed.  Be very careful in your wording though and state nothing more than "At this time I no longer wish to dispute this account".

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.