cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help

tag

Help

On Dec 17 hubby applied for va loan going by his personal scores. Then he got back his fico score from the lender. EQ 593 TU 599 XP 587

we we're told to pay off revolving credit of $2200 making utilization 50% down to 0%. Paid off the only collection on credit reports. 

This morning 1/5/14. We checked his scores. EQ still at 593, TU jumped 44 pts to 643 and XP jumped 35 pts to 622. 

Why no change in EQ? It shows we paid the revolving debt and collection. However there are open disputes with them. 

should we we ask our lender for a rapid rescore as we have a house we are dying to buy right now and we are afraid it will sell soon. 

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
BrianB_The_Loan_Professor
Valued Contributor

Re: Help

You have two scores above 620 you should be ok

a Rapid rescore wouldnt work in this case - if I read it right things updated but the score didnt change

the Rapid rescore is to get them to update the new info (which I believe they already did)

Good Luck

Brian

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Brian B The Loan Professor
Mortgage Banker - offering FHA, VA, USDA , and Conventional mortgages in all 50 states -

If I do not respond to a follow up question please feel free to contact me directly
Message 2 of 4
natecooper75
Valued Member

If the disputes are active on the EQ report, I would say that is what is keeping the score from changing. They won't be factored into scoring until those disputes are resolved/removed. Once that happens, you should see the EQ score change.

EQ: 678 (Lender Pull 2/28/14) | EX: 669 (Lender Pull 2/28/14) | TU: 664(Lender Pull 2/28/14) 651 (Discover TU 08 3/13/14) 693 (MyFICO TU 98)
Mouseover for Limits

Message 3 of 4
brianjb
Contributor

I think you can't have disputes on your report when  you buy a house.  Underwriters won't allow disputes.

AMEX TrueEarnings 10K | AMEX BCE 10K | AMEX Hilton Honors 10K | AMEX Hilton Surpass 2K | Bank of America 1-2-3 2K | Barclay Card 2K | Chase Southwest Premier Visa 6K | Chase Marriott Premier Visa 9K | Discover IT Card 1.5K | Merrick Bank 1.4K | Navy Federal Credit Union Visa 10K | Navy Federal Credit Union navCheck 15K | USAA Rewards 7K |+ tons of store cards (GE furniture, Amazon, Lowes, Home Depot, etc)
Total amount of available credit $100K
Scores (as of December 2013) Equifax 714 | Experian 714 | Transunion 727
Short term goal is score 750+ across the board
Long term goal is to have all scores close to 800 or 800+
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.