Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Here is my "will I get the pre-approval" story

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Here is my "will I get the pre-approval" story

So, my story is this, I been working on my credit for a year.  I had one judgement, 14 medical collections and 2 credit card collections when I started.  After working with a credit repair agency I am now down to no judgement, 5 medical collections all under $1000 and I have 2 active revolving accounts and a new one that will report at the end of this month all under 20% uti.  WHen my lender last pulled I was at 607 TU, 640 EX and 560 EQ.  She told me that my TU needed to be 620 and that was in early December.  At that time I still had 7 collections and only one revolving.  She tells me the medical is ok as none of the remaining are reporting monthly and with FHA they are ok.  I think my credit file update at the end of the month so we are going to re-pull beginning of March.  I plan to up my credit limit on my secured card and pay it down to $10.00.  Does anyoine think I might get the 13 points I need?  I have about 25,000 in retierment plans and I am using the down payment assistance program. I am keeping a steady balance in my bank account with no overdrafts.  I have been on all the FAKO sites and my scores are in the mid 600's but I have read on here that none of that matters.  My FICO 08 was aweful but I hear that's not what they use either.  So, 13 points????  Maybe?????  I hope.

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
StartingOver10
Moderator Emerita

Re: Here is my "will I get the pre-approval" story

It looks like you will have 3 revolving credit cards, right? Two that you have had and a new one that is coming soon (at the end of this month).

If you have all three of those cards reporting at balances of 20% of their credit lines, pay off two of the three credit cards to zero and have the third card report a balance less than 10% but more than zero.  Hopefully that will get you to at least the 620 mid score you need.

I assume you paid the judgment. Make sure you have  a recorded Satisfaction for the judgment. Even if it is not on your credit report, the title co/attorney will check your public records for paid/unpaid judgments before closing.

Yes those other sites scores are meaningless. It's a good thing you can now get your mortgage scores here! Smiley Tongue

Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

My story posted 2 times.  How do I delete the other one. Ugh!

Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes I paid the judgement and it's been removed.

Message 4 of 9
StartingOver10
Moderator Emerita

@Anonymous wrote:

My story posted 2 times.  How do I delete the other one. Ugh!

mod notified, should be taken care of soon Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks.  I feel like an idiot.

Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Honestly you might already be there. But with the utilization game I would guess you get there easily.

Message 7 of 9
StartingOver10
Moderator Emerita

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks.  I feel like an idiot.

Don't worry about it...we are all human here.

Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I hope so.  It seemed hopeless in the beginning but my lender says if I do exactly what she tells me I should be golden and I have.  I've got one collection I am going to try for a PFD in the next week which should make it even better I would think.

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.