alpha0meqa

Hi Shane, can you help me with Mortgage information too :)?

Hello there!

I'm planning on getting into the housing market soon. I've been pre-qualified for up to 225K and maybe higher. ---I make 44,000 a year(salary). I have 0 debt, no car payments, nothing at all like that. I put all of my expenses(food/bills) on a credit card that I immediately pay off at the end of the month(building points). I want a house in the 200-220K range(New construction). The mortgages I've been quoted are about 1200-1300$ a month. Currently my rent is 1065$(water included). 

I live a very spoiled life, I hate saying no I can't afford XYZ. I want everything that I want. So yeah I'm a spoiled brat for sure. My bills currently are around 465-4900$ (electric,cable+internet+Phone, Gas for car). My take home is around 2500$ a month(claiming 0 by the way). I could obviously do this mortgage and survive. But is it smart.....I'm just sort of scared I'll be poor.....

Questions:

Credit. EFX Facta Beacon 5.0: 790//////XPN/Fair Isaac Model II: 794////TU Fico Classic 04:780

Income. Salary: $44,000

Source of income. Employment

Monthly debt payments. I've 0 debt. Just monthly Bills(Cable+Internet/Phone/Electric/Car Gas)

Employment (for those who are employed): I work for a software company (2 1/2 years now) Full time.

Assets/Reserves. I've around 6K saved, and I'm enrolled in a 401 that is company matched. I probably wont be touching that one though. I do have a "gift" of a down payment from Family for $10,000.

Location. I live in Cary North Carolina. The house I potentially buy will likely be Raleigh/Wake Forest NC

Property: New Construction, single family home. In a community (HOA)

Value. I'm looking at around 200-220K --this is for a new home with the full upgrades for what I'm looking for. I've seen quite a few properties.

Occupancy. Currently I live in an Apartment, I think I answered this wrong....The house I be will be my new primary residence.

Transaction Type. Purchase

Super Contributor
DallasLoanGuy

Re: Hi Shane, can you help me with Mortgage information too :)?

that is a lot of house for that income.

what are the property taxes there?  insurance on that house would cost what?

* While I try to visit the forum often, please feel free to contact me directly with a link to your post if I fail to answer a follow up question.

* Lending across the entire 'Great State of Texas' since 2004
alpha0meqa

I believe the taxes are around 2K(I think around 168$ a month) and the Insurance was about 46$

Community Leader
Senior Contributor
StartingOver10

[ Edited ]

Remember, the house payment will be the total of Principal, Interest, Real Estate Taxes, Homeowners Insurance, Mortgage Insurance (if applicable), HOA/condo fees (if applicable).

For a house that is NOT in a HOA community where the purchase price is $220,000, as an example, using your tax and insurance rates on a FHA loan (3.5% down) at 4% for 30 years the payment will be approx $1482 including MIP.  That is more than 40% of your gross income ($44k) for the housing ratio alone. The down payment for this loan is $7700 plus closing costs and pre-paid expenses (guesstimate about $8k more unless you get the seller to contribute toward your costs).

alpha0meqa

Hello StartingOver,

I will definitely be doing a 5/7 year ARM instead of fixed. I'll also be putting down 5% so no FHA loan as they usually have higher PMI's. I literally have a sheet for the quoted mortgage at 1253$, and that includes HOA, Taxes, PMI, P+I, everything. 

Community Leader
Senior Contributor
StartingOver10

alpha0meqa wrote:

Hello StartingOver,

I will definitely be doing a 5/7 year ARM instead of fixed. I'll also be putting down 5% so no FHA loan as they usually have higher PMI's. I literally have a sheet for the quoted mortgage at 1253$, and that includes HOA, Taxes, PMI, P+I, everything. 

That's good. Yes, the mortgage insurance in my example was about $237/mth for that FHA loan (which is heafty on a $220k purchase).

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}