Did you mean: 

Hiring my own VA Appraiser?

tag
DallasLoanGuy
Super Contributor

Re: Hiring my own VA Appraiser?

@ezdriver wrote:

@DallasLoanGuy wrote:

trust me.... most lenders have systems in place to speed up the 'timeline' as much as possible without making mistakes.

I believe you ... but can the buyer speed up your lender's process? How?

just be 'johnny on the spot' with any needed documents.

i have had folks speed up the verif of employment by calling h.r. and letting them know to expect an urgent verification form from the lender.

other than that, just sit back and wait.  

these deals have a 'process' they have to go thru. some things get done before the other can happen.... 

realtors and borrowers calling incessently  only slow down the team working the file.

Retired Lender
Message 11 of 16
2b2rich
Established Contributor

I'm not complaining, it's actually moving much faster than I expected.  I applied Tuesday, and by Thursday, I had submitted all of the documents they asked for and had my pre-approval letter and was told I could now shop.  

There really is very little to verify in my case.  My income is solid and has been for years.  I haven't had to file taxes in years because none of it is taxable.  I've also had my VA COE for as long and that was submitted too.

Chapter 7 Discharged & Closed Jan 2020
Message 12 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@2b2rich wrote:

I'm not complaining, it's actually moving much faster than I expected.  I applied Tuesday, and by Thursday, I had submitted all of the documents they asked for and had my pre-approval letter and was told I could now shop.  

There really is very little to verify in my case.  My income is solid and has been for years.  I haven't had to file taxes in years because none of it is taxable.  I've also had my VA COE for as long and that was submitted too.

Good to go! Hope the process remainds speedy.

Message 13 of 16
2b2rich
Established Contributor

Thank you, 

Chapter 7 Discharged & Closed Jan 2020
Message 14 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@2b2rich wrote:

Thank you, 

Yup, always better to be prepared

Message 15 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

We just went through a VA Loan, heard a lot of horror stories about VA Loans but ours went smoothly.  We found our house on July 4th, made the offer the same day.  My realtor called the loan broker to sent the letter of Pre approval via email.  Although she was on a party, she managed to find a laptop and sent that right away!  We submitted all the paperwork/documents as they requested it.  to make the story short, We got the email that says We are now closed and recorded on Aug 4, exactly 1 month.  Our house is appraised as listed, which is $225K and that's how much we offered, too.  The only thing that came out of our pocket is the inspection fee the seller paid all closing costSmiley Happy  hope your VA Loan  goes smooth too!

Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.