cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Holy Mackerel!!! Alot happpened in a week: Fico's, approvals, offers. Success.

tag
danev2
Established Member

Holy Mackerel!!! Alot happpened in a week: Fico's, approvals, offers. Success.

I knew something had to give. And it sure did.

So you know my particular issues. Had that cov capital string of lates on that real estate deal. Well that all got fixed, and didn't see the FACO's from TC go up much at all. Second I had that one last 30 day on that heloc from my CU Amer 1st. And I wasn't getting anywhere fighting that.
So I deployed the nuclear option.
Wrote a very nice professional, but somewhat critial leter to the Pres/CEO of Amer 1st and sent copies of that letter to members of the board of directors of Amer 1st. 2 pages long and it explained the situation of the late plus was a mild complaint about the lack of help in fixing it.
Use the word "intransigence" in a sentence. Powerful word.
So that was about 2 weeks ago. Didn't hear anything back.

On monday got fed up, impatient. Called my mortgage lady here in Phoenix, figured I would give her one last chance, asked to rerun an FHA preapproval with a new credit report and new FICO's. Thought what the heck couldn't hurt. At least I see my real fico's for free.
Well WOOO HOOO! fico's had bumped nearly 50 points. 632/631/590 TU/EX/EQ
That 631 middle got me FHA preapproved for $345K and I was set!!
Now I still have that 30 day on my old heloc and EQ had a copied 30 day on the line of credit acct. It's all a mess.
So I'm all happpy. Thats monday
Yesterday my realtor Tika sends me an email. New house on the market in the neighborhood we want, in the floor plan we want. 4200 sqft, 1/2 ac lot. 6bd 4.5bt
$250K Short Sale.
Yes.
This was a house that sold for near half mil when it was built 2 years ago.
now $250K
we put an offer in this morning.
We went and actually looked inside it this evening. It's perfect, it maybe short selling, but the people are conscientious, it was spotless inside, and everything in perfect order.

But lets back up to this morning; 6 bloody 30 in the morning the phone rings.
Of course I didn't get it. I checked VM on the way in to work:
Whaddaya know. The Chairman of the Board of my dearly beloved hated CU Amer 1st had called that early and left me a very nice message saying that he had gotten several copies of my letter forwarded to him from various board members and that he was going to make sure that my problem was going to be resolved properly, He forwarded on my letter to a VP of something, Ms. Combe and that she would be contacting me in 5-7 days and if not, to call him back on his personal cell phone number, and he would make sure things got done right.
And he sent me an email, basically confirming that same information. and CC'd everybody I sent the nuclear letter to.
Now I haven't seen any fixes on my reports yet but now at last I have a real hope that it will soon.

So as it stands tonight. I have managed to get my score up by about 100 points in the last 4 months. I disputed everything under the sun. made calls, wrote letters.
Obsessed.
I got preapproved for a FHA. Put an offer on a dream house. The likes of which I never thought I could afford 2 years ago.
I have a cautious optimism that my last glitch on the reports will get fixed, at last.

These things I have learned.
You can't do it alone. This board has been invaluable on ideas, opinions, information.
Get a second opinion. Their's more than one way to turn a sows ear report into a silk purse report.
Never but NEVER give up. All is NEVER lost.
Call, call again
write.
Rewrite
send repeatedly. But keep the tone very nice, a mix of positive and negative. and VERY professional sounding.
And most importantly be patient.
This crap will take alot of time. Months.

Thats all.
Thank you.

Dane V
PS
I let you know if the 30 day late comes off the heloc and what the fico's do.
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
ShanetheMortgageMan
Super Contributor

Re: Holy Mackerel!!! Alot happpened in a week: Fico's, approvals, offers. Success.

Glad that all of your work has paid off, congrats!
Free Mortgage Advice & Pre-Approvals (FHA, VA, USDA, Fannie, Freddie, Non-Prime, Construction, Renovation/Rehab, Commercial) since 2002
Located in Southern California and lending in all 50 states
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Holy Mackerel!!! Alot happpened in a week: Fico's, approvals, offers. Success.

Major Congrats on the house DaneV2! I house for half the price. You can't beat that. I'm hoping to have a story like yours in 2 years.
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.