bigmoney

Home Equity Loans

I took out a $25,000 home equity loan three years ago at a 12.5% interest rate.  My payment each month comes out to $308.13.  I still owe a good amount on the loan.  With my first mortgage and the home equity loan combined, I'm paying a pretty good chunck of money on my house.  Would it be better for me to get another home equity loan at a better interest rate and pay off the first home equity loan.  I saw where I could get a better interest rate from the bank in which I got my first mortgage from.

This may be a dumb question, but I trying to learn more about finances.

Thanks
New Visitor
lotusraee

Re: Home Equity Loans

[ Edited ]
Honestly if the rate on your 1st in not in the low 6's then I would refinance and combine the mortgage together and just have 1 payment. That would be best and save you the most money. What state are you in? Call me at [phone number removed] and I am sure I can help.

(Please do not release personal information, such as phone numbers or e-mail addresses on the forums. -- Raine)

Message Edited by Raine on 07-25-2007 02:32 PM
Jayme Dickey

HomeLoan USA

Work with a Lender you can trust!
We are still doing 100% Loans with 500 fico's
Stop wasting your time with Broker's and call a HomeLoan USA a Direct lender at 909-322-0305

Advice and Pre-approvals are always FREE!
Super Contributor
MidnightVoice

[ Edited ]

lotusraee wrote:
Honestly if the rate on your 1st in not in the low 6's then I would refinance and combine the mortgage together and just have 1 payment. That would be best and save you the most money. What state are you in? Call me at [removed] and I am sure I can help.

I hope you are going to start a thread telling us how much income you are making from trolling for business in this forum :smileyvery-happy:

Message Edited by MidnightVoice on 07-25-2007 04:27 PM

Message Edited by Raine on 07-25-2007 02:33 PM
The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
New Visitor
lotusraee

I came across this forum in search of a good message board to contact exsisting Mortgage Brokers. Upon further investigation I noticed so many posts needing information about mortgages or purchasing with little to no feedback or feedback from someone not truly knowing how the Industry works. I just like to offer my 2 cents. If I get a client great if not people will still get my 2 cents. I have been in the business for almost 12 yrs and have alot of knowledge to offer (so I think) It's never any fun not knowing if your doing the right thing when it comes to such a big financial decision. Like I have said in other posts my advice is free.
Jayme Dickey

HomeLoan USA

Work with a Lender you can trust!
We are still doing 100% Loans with 500 fico's
Stop wasting your time with Broker's and call a HomeLoan USA a Direct lender at 909-322-0305

Advice and Pre-approvals are always FREE!
Super Contributor
MidnightVoice

TNSTAFL

:smileyvery-happy:
The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Regular Contributor
OneMortgageGuy

For anyone to tell you that if you're not below a 6 just refi is on crack!

Heloc's cost next to nothing and you can even find no cost heloc's. I just did one for 100K and it cost my borrower 500 bucks.

Keep in mind that a heloc is like a credit card but on a 25 year I/O term and if you pay the min... Well the balance is going to stay the same.

A. Make a bigger payment and get that loan paid off.

or

B. If you have good credit... Look at getting a no cost heloc to lower the payment but keep making the same payment to pay it off.

or

C. Only if you have a crap loan on the first look at make two loans into one. Remember even if your getting a lower rate you can still end up paying more on the loan.

or

D. Take the advice of who ever said... If you are not below a 6 just refi and remember thats not my advice!

I'm thinking if you got a 12.5 interest rate that your ficos are in the high 500's of low 600's  so option D is going to suck.

Good Luck

bigmoney wrote:
I took out a $25,000 home equity loan three years ago at a 12.5% interest rate.  My payment each month comes out to $308.13.  I still owe a good amount on the loan.  With my first mortgage and the home equity loan combined, I'm paying a pretty good chunck of money on my house.  Would it be better for me to get another home equity loan at a better interest rate and pay off the first home equity loan.  I saw where I could get a better interest rate from the bank in which I got my first mortgage from.

This may be a dumb question, but I trying to learn more about finances.

Thanks

Regular Contributor
OneMortgageGuy

Anyone that starts with Honestly is good in my book! I need to refi! Can I call you or maybe just start sending you my mortgage payments?

lotusraee wrote:
Honestly if the rate on your 1st in not in the low 6's then I would refinance and combine the mortgage together and just have 1 payment. That would be best and save you the most money. What state are you in? Call me at [phone number removed] and I am sure I can help.

(Please do not release personal information, such as phone numbers or e-mail addresses on the forums. -- Raine)

Message Edited by Raine on 07-25-2007 02:32 PM

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}