Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home Equity and DTI

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Home Equity and DTI

I recently put my daugther through 4 years of college with parent plus loans.  I know, know but it was the best I could do at that time.  Now I want to tap into my home equity to consolidate some debt to free up some cash flow to start paying on these loans.  Up until now they've been in forbearance, but lenders won't qualify me because even if they gave my the HE loan, my DTI is still too high even afteward.  I know my position will improve if I got the HE...I talked to the school loan lender and she told me that when my daugther starts Law  School later this month, she's on her own dime this time, my parent plus loans will go into deferrment.  Should I try and apply again or just forget about it.  I mean I really want to pay back all my debt.  I put together a debt reduction plan for the banks but I just can't overcome the student loan thing.  I should have had her mother do half the loans, but that would have been like pulling teeth from a bear.  Anyway any advice would be much appreciated.

Message 1 of 1
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.