cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home Improvement Loan for new purchase!!!

tag
Evil1980
Valued Member

Home Improvement Loan for new purchase!!!

Just purchased a home but need additional cash for improvements. Instead of using CCs is there another way to get additional funds for home improvements? I need to purchase a W/D set, add a dishwasher, and replace kitchen counter top. All of this is less than 10k but wondered if there is a way to use the new home as a way to get a home improvement loan. Please let me know if there are any options other than CCs, personal loan, or out of pocket cash that I would be able to use right away. I move into the house in less than 3 weeks. Thanks for any info.

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Home Improvement Loan for new purchase!!!

You should look into refinancing into an FHA 203k or HomeStyle Renovation loan by Fannie Mae. They essentially put the renovation loan into your mortgage so you have no out of pocket expense like CC's or cash. 

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Home Improvement Loan for new purchase!!!

There's a program called FHA Title 1. The only lender I found to do this loan was Admirals Bank. It can be secured or unsecured depending on the amount loaned. The rates weren't bad on it, a lot of payment terms available. I was pleased with the process.
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.