Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home Loan and job change question

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Home Loan and job change question

This is my first post but I've been a long time visitor of this board. I'm planning on purchasing a house using a FHA loan next year, around November 2009. I have an opportunity to change jobs in January 2009 to take a supervisory position. If I do this, it will cause me to have less than a year in the new position, even though I have over 15 years in the same field (law enforcement). How much of a problem would this cause me with obtaining a home loan if I switch jobs?

Shane or Dallas Loan Guy, I would appreciate your response on this as well.

My credit scores are tu690/ex675/eq702

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
DallasLoanGuy
Super Contributor

Re: Home Loan and job change question

if it is a promotion, NO PROBLEM!!!!!!!

if you have to change companies, then as long as it is in the same line of work.... i.e. you will be supervising people who o what you used to do in your old position.... NO PROBLEM!!!!

actually, we are pretty lenient here.... so if you can spell it out speifically, we can answer directly

Retired Lender
Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
DallasLoanGuy
Super Contributor

if it is a promotion, NO PROBLEM!!!!!!!

if you have to change companies, then as long as it is in the same line of work.... i.e. you will be supervising people who o what you used to do in your old position.... NO PROBLEM!!!!

actually, we are pretty lenient here.... so if you can spell it out speifically, we can answer directly

Retired Lender
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for your response, 

I will actually be leaving a position with the a state agency in Texas as a sgt. and returning to the sheriff's department where I previously worked as a lieutenant (also in Texas). They're two different agencies, but I worked at the sheriff's department for approximately 3yrs before taking my current position. I'll just be going back as a supervisor.

I was concerned about this due to the change in jobs and the amount of time I would have in the new job, when it came time to apply for the home loan.

Message 3 of 4
DallasLoanGuy
Super Contributor

My underwriter wouldn't blink an eye at that..... 

When I bought my home, I got a job offer while we were looking. I actually gave my wife power of attorney so she could sign for me because I was training in NJ when we closed.

So, you see, lenders understand!!

Retired Lender
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.