Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home Mortgage with CS 669 and 654

tag
sheltymama
Valued Member

Home Mortgage with CS 669 and 654

Hi, I'm new to the board. My husband and I are wanting to buy a home at the end of the year or beginning of 2012. We have CS of 669 and 654, although Experian Vantage Score shows one as 705. We've had clean credit for 2009 and one 30 day in 2010. Past credit problems, but all paid and 0 balances. We will pay off our truck in 5 months and will be paying off our credit card balances totaling $1800.00 next month.  And then start saving for down/closing.

What is the likelihood that we can get a FHA mortgage with 3.5%down? Can we get approved?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
ShanetheMortgageMan
Super Contributor

Re: Home Mortgage with CS 669 and 654

Your credit sounds good enough.  There is other information to consider though.

[Edited to correct the link that I think Shane was trying to reference.]

Free Mortgage Advice & Pre-Approvals (FHA, VA, USDA, Fannie, Freddie, Non-Prime, Construction, Renovation/Rehab, Commercial) since 2002
Located in Southern California and lending in all 50 states
Message 2 of 4
rckstrscott
Valued Contributor

Just make sure you have your real FICO for EQ and TU.. I was using truecredit.com for a while, and my EQ score on there was 40 pts higher than it was in reality..

-scott

Starting FICO Score: October 2010: TU 498 | EQ: 502
Current FICO Scores:: May 2022: TU: 784 | EQ: 770 | EX: 790
Message 3 of 4
sheltymama
Valued Member

Thanks for the heads up. I ran other scores today and you're right, Truecredit gave me high scores, one as high as 714 - WRONG. Ran scores on my fico and it's more realistically 669 and 647. So we have some work to do. Gonna cancel subscription to TrueCredit.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.