Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home Warranties

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Home Warranties

OP check to see if  2-10 Home warranties are in your area. For all of them they may seem like a lot of exclusions are there upfront..but look a little closer and see if it's specific parts included...sometimes it won't be the whole HVAC system but more commonly short life span parts covered...Also check to see if they offer roofing...I know from experience that may be needed...We live in a high storm area and insurance will kick our butts so I was grateful for the home warranty but after the first year I will be honest I didn't renew and now regret it cause another storm came lol

Message 11 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah, I think we will save the money and build up a savings account. We will already have to do some repairs after we move in, so we will have warranties from that, and we was planning on updating some of the appliances as well.

@StartingOver10 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

So after doing some deep research, me and my husband came to the conclusion, that we won't be getting a home warranty after all, I've checked into multiple services that covers our area and they do have A LOT of exclusions.

I think you are right. Better to take that $500 and put it into a savings account. 

I used to "believe" those warranties were worthwhile - 20+ years ago.  But over the years the contracts have morphed into very expensive "non-service" agreements. Especially when it comes to major systems like HVAC or electrical systems.  The limit is usually the cost of the contract!  That makes no sense to me.  Some of the vendors used for servicing are less than desireable too from what I have noticed. 

Message 12 of 15
jevoyager
Established Member

@tamaralig wrote:

OP check to see if  2-10 Home warranties are in your area. For all of them they may seem like a lot of exclusions are there upfront..but look a little closer and see if it's specific parts included...sometimes it won't be the whole HVAC system but more commonly short life span parts covered...Also check to see if they offer roofing...I know from experience that may be needed...We live in a high storm area and insurance will kick our butts so I was grateful for the home warranty but after the first year I will be honest I didn't renew and now regret it cause another storm came lol

I'm guessing you have at 2-10 warranty? Can I ask how it's worked out for you? It's the one my realtor asked for the seller to pay for (which they agreed). I think it's just the basic one for $510 (paperwork didn't specify, and there's not cost info provided). I'm happy to have it since the seller is covering it, guess I'll see how much I use it after the first year and if it's worth renewing. I was thinking of checking into the additional HVAC coverage ($99) since the unit on this house is old.

Message 13 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

My sellers paid for a 1 year warranty thru ABmay. I believe it was $495

Message 14 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Make sure to read the warranty contract. It is very essential.

Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.