cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home inspection $650 cash includes termite inspection. Fair price in NJ?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Home inspection $650 cash includes termite inspection. Fair price in NJ?

This was the price quoted to me by an inspector my job set me up with. They said that this is a discount. It doesn't sound like a discounted price. He says the inspection will take an hour and a half. 

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Home inspection $650 cash includes termite inspection. Fair price in NJ?

@Anonymous wrote:

This was the price quoted to me by an inspector my job set me up with. They said that this is a discount. It doesn't sound like a discounted price. He says the inspection will take an hour and a half. 

Mine in NJ last month only cost $390 with Termite. The inspector was great too. Gave us a full detailed report with pictures. Send us a cd and a guide to maintaing aspects of your home.

It does depend on the size of your house and all that tho. Ours is 1655 SF. I'm not sure if this is allowed but I'll put it here anyway, mods can delete it if it is not allowed. Here is who we used:

William Petley

Your Home - Home Inspection

wgpetley@yourhomehi.com

www.yourhomehi.com

732-569-5562

Message 2 of 9
StartingOver10
Moderator Emerita

What inspections are you getting? Sounds like whole house and WDO - does it include any other type? 

Other types of inspections:

Mold

Defective Drywall

Wind Mitigation (probably not in your area)

4-point: depends upon the age of the home you are buying and the insurance company. Some insurance companies require a 4-point after 20 years, others after 30 years.

Make some phone calls to find out which inspections you are getting and then shop for a good inspector; not a cheap inspector.

Message 3 of 9
echoecho
Regular Contributor

Hmmm I don't know in Illinois home inspection is around 450 and pest inspection around 150. That looks like 50 dollars more.
Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just called him he says exterior of the house interior of the house. Driveway garage sidewalk electrical Windows doors water plumbing boiler a/c termites basically anything that can affect me in the future and he request me to be there he will take pics and says I can also take pictures. He will send the results within 24hrs

Message 5 of 9
youdontkillmoney
Valued Contributor

My home inspection was $925 and I know is higher than the typical home inspection. Our came highly recommended and worth every single penny. He spent the whole day (8-9 hours) inspecting the home. I've seen other inspection reports, and the inspector may not walk the roof and view from the ground foor or ladder.

Our inspector is meticulous: he measured the door dimensions, the staircase steps length and height for uniformity, took out a laser leveler and checked to see if the floors were level or not, etc. I appreciated the detailed, detailed findings.

Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@youdontkillmoney wrote:

My home inspection was $925 and I know is higher than the typical home inspection. Our came highly recommended and worth every single penny. He spent the whole day (8-9 hours) inspecting the home. I've seen other inspection reports, and the inspector may not walk the roof and view from the ground foor or ladder.

Our inspector is meticulous: he measured the door dimensions, the staircase steps length and height for uniformity, took out a laser leveler and checked to see if the floors were level or not, etc. I appreciated the detailed, detailed findings.

Wow thats a lot but its a big investment so its worth it. This home is 1800 sqft not including the attic and basement. I called another place they wanted 895 I am still looking but right now it seems prices are a little over 500 for up to 1500sqft. There aren't enough places with reviews out there that cover my area. And if they do they're priced high because it is far from their coverage area. 

Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Mine in NJ last month only cost $390 with Termite. The inspector was great too. Gave us a full detailed report with pictures. Send us a cd and a guide to maintaing aspects of your home.

It does depend on the size of your house and all that tho. Ours is 1655 SF. I'm not sure if this is allowed but I'll put it here anyway, mods can delete it if it is not allowed. Here is who we used:

William Petley

wgpetley@yourhomehi.com

www.yourhomehi.com

732-569-5562

Does your home include a basment and attic? If so did the person check those areas? What exactly was covered in this inspections? 

Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

William Petley

wgpetley@yourhomehi.com

www.yourhomehi.com

732-569-5562

Does your home include a basment and attic? If so did the person check those areas? What exactly was covered in this inspections? 

My home has an attic but not a basement, just a crawl space. He walked the roof, outside of the house, all the window trim, the grading of the property, the secondary well, spent an hour in the crawl space, walked every attic space, checked literally every electrical outlet, checked all appliances including the heating unit which he researched the model and everything for us, checked other appliances, checked all water sources for function and leaks, checked the route of all the downspouts to make sure proper water flow away from the house, checked for termites etc. He provided us with a detailed report with pics via email within 24 hours. He then sent us a CD with the information as well as a nice book detailing how to maintain aspects of the home. He was also a very friendly and professional guy. His inspections are also guaranteed by the company.

He also came out same day notice due to the guy I had scheduled having a medical emergency the night before. That guy gave me this guys number, I called him at 8am, he was at the house at 3:30pm.

I'd recommend him to anyone.

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.