Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home insurance questions

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Home insurance questions

Whats a good insurance company to use. is it a hard pull or a soft pull . New build

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
StartingOver10
Moderator Emerita

Re: Home insurance questions

Find an insurance broker in your area that compares all the insurance co's that write in your area.  You will see the comparisons of coverage and the rate charged. A good insurance broker can save you lots of money.

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello it is a soft pull. Sometimes your rate also depends on your credit score.   I am doing a new build also. I am going  with Farm Bureau. 

Message 3 of 5
pipeguy
Senior Contributor

Just a thought, check with your auto insurance company as they'll usually discount the policy for multi-policies.

GEICO and Traverlers (home owners) co-op, State Farm offers both, etc

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Try and have as much information as possible about your house so they can give you an accurrate quote and so you understand the coverage. Things like square footage, seiling fans, basement size, type of foundatation, and shingles. After giving my current agent all the info, her value assessment for a full replacement came in exactly as the appraised value for the mortgage. 

Another issue that might pop up is, I had issues with the insurance company i had for my auto. I called my agent and supplied her with all the info she asked for and I was declined coverage because of my dog's breed was on their "blacklist." 

I found a dog friendly policy at a lower price. I switched my auto over as well because I did not agree with there breed discrimanation. 

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.