cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home loans with 580 middle score?????

tag
westo12
Established Contributor

Re: Home loans with 580 middle score?????

My mid score is 553 and 2 days ago I was verbally pre approved for a $325k FHA mortgage (ugh 6.5% interest) using a report that my direct lender pulled in April when we first decided to see how ugly it was. Smiley Happy I've since cleaned up 4-5 other items, had a couple 1 yr anniversaries go by on both goodies and baddies and a couple of collection accounts that MIRACULOUSLY fell off. 

I am PRAYING for at least a 600 so I can qualify for a 6.0% and close in time to take advantage of the tax credit.  Then at least I can do a streamline sometime in early 09.

Now if getting the downpayment together with all of the credit clean up dollars I've spent the last two months would be as easy... Smiley Sad

Chap7 discharge 07/2015
Fico 5/1/19: TR:650(73% util)
Cap1(Plat+QS) 3500+4500/Merrick 1600/Express 4100/Overstock 4900.
Message 11 of 18
T50
Contributor

Just curious where you live?  Also who approved you for that loan?  Do you have a contact name?  Did you have any baddies on your report in the last 12 months?  How much did they tell you you had to put down?  Thanks for info that gives me hope!!!

Starting Score: 506
Current Score: 565
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 12 of 18
WannaHouse
Valued Contributor

USDA loans will accept lower scores as well if your income and area qualifies. You do need strong compaensating factors as well.

http://eligibility.sc.egov.usda.gov/eligibility/welcomeAction.do

Kathy

We are finally homeowners!!

Closed May 5th-30 yr fixed at 5.25%.

Message 13 of 18
twall06
Frequent Contributor

I applied and was told and approved with a mid 500 scores but decided to wait awhile and get my scores up for a better rate . I can't remember the lender but I had found them on lending tree .
Message 14 of 18
ezy20004
Valued Member

Is this still the case?  Im looking for a lender to approve a 600 middle score.  Someone let me know.  Thanks

Starting Score: EQ 501 TU 505 EX 510
Current Score: EQ 719 TU 705 EX 684
Goal Score: 700 Across the Board!

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 15 of 18

Yes there are a few lenders that offer home loans with a 580 credit score. My clients with lower credit scores I send to thelendersnetwork.com they will be able to help you get pre approved with a 580 score.

Message 16 of 18
jzsnow
Frequent Contributor

Is this spam or legit??
Message 17 of 18

Yes FHA goes down to 580 scores with the right lender.  FHA is what your going to get if your at a 640 or under all the down to a 580 score. Rate will be a little higher in the 580-620 range.
Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.