Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home under construction and account marked as disputed

tag
violetsmom
Regular Contributor

Home under construction and account marked as disputed

UGH!!!  We have been approved, but since our house is currently being built and we don't close until April we are going to have to pull credit again in 6 weeks or so.  Last night I got an alert that stupid ACS has added a "consumer disputes after resolution" comment to my husband's report!  This is the account he mistakenly paid late several months ago.  We had asked them to GW this and was told NO NO NO, now THIS???  We NEVER said we were disputing anything, quite the opposite actually.  We always said we know this is our fault, but please cut us a break, how can that be construed as a dispute?

So I have emailed my LO, I guess I need to make my husband get back on the phone with ACS and make them take this comment off.  I have spent so many hours of my life dealing with these people, I am so mad right now!  They better remove this, as we are out our earnest deposit of over $10k if this does not get resoved. 

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
tooleman694
Valued Contributor

Re: Home under construction and account marked as disputed

What I would do, is contact the CRAs and say I no longer wish to dispute and they should either take it right off or make you wait 30 days.

You can also ask your lender to do a rapid rescore to fix this.

Message 2 of 7
Blackhawks_girl30
Contributor

This should be an easy fix.  Just like Tooleman said you can contact the CRA's and say you never disputed this.  Transunion removed these comments for me while I was on the phone with them.  Equifax was stubborn and made me call the collection agency.  Just politely tell the collection agency you never disputed and you need the remarks removed.  The collection agency I dealt with also emailed me a confirmation so then you know they will do it for you.  Good luck =)

Message 3 of 7
ccubedzx3
Regular Contributor

Where is your house at currently in the building phase?  We were told we would close in April as well, but it is only framed with interior electrical and plumbing, as well as all the windows and shingles.  No insulation, drywall, or finish work has even started.  I have a hard time believing it will be done in April.  Just wonder where yours is at in comparison?

Starting Score:2/1/16 565
Current Score: 3/1/16 575
Lender Mid Score: 3/1/16 575

Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 7
violetsmom
Regular Contributor

The foundation has been poured Smiley Happy  The builder told me yesterday late April/early May.  I believe it.  The house next to us started going in early November and it is set to close in 3 weeks.

Message 5 of 7
tooleman694
Valued Contributor

We close April 2nd, our home also has no drywall and the bricking has not been started. But from here everything moves FAST.

For the most part it should be 100 percent complete in a month. March we will spend finding problems and having it all corrected.

Message 6 of 7
MovingForward_2012
Valued Contributor

Yep, finding problems. Our home is fully finished. Heat and hot water are running too! But I have a list of things that need to be taken care of. We have had the code to the door since 1/5 when we signed the contract and I have visited 3 times already looking for corrections. Our house came with all new appliances but the freezer compartment of the new refrigerator is missing the shelf inserts on the inside door, there are a couple of spots missing baseboard, and one of the closet doors in one of the bedrooms upstairs is missing a silver ring knob insert. But it is fun walking through the finished home and finding stuff! :-) Our builder said they will be hiring a cleaning crew to polish everything up before we move in!

Congrats on your home!!!

We were looking at the homes that were still in the building process and they were saying they would be ready early March but then my realtor talked to the builder and they said it will be finished more likely in early April because things move a little slower in the winter. That is when we began to look at homes just fully built because we couldn't wait until April to close.
Cards: Orchard Bank ($1100) | Cap1 Cash Rewards ($2500) | Chase Freedom ($1000) | Best Buy ($2500) | Discover It ($1000) | Barclay Rewards ($2500) | Current scores: EX FAKO: 684, CK TU: 649, FICO EQ: 680, FICO TU: 698, FICO EX: 658 Happy Homeowner Since 2/6/13! Smiley Happy Last App: 4/5/13 Gardening until July 2014
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.