cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Homebuyer class company pulling CR...inquiry?

tag
awdsmama
Established Contributor

Homebuyer class company pulling CR...inquiry?

To take part in the IDA/Individual Development Account program here which matches funds $3 to $1, you have to take part in a homebuying education class.  I'm totally fine with that, I'm sure I'll learn some great things (and hear a lot of repetition of the things learned on here already haha).

But this is what it says on their website:
The fee is $50 for the household, including a 1-bureau credit report. If you are interested in a full 3-bureau credit report, then the cost of the class is $65.

Any ideas on if this will be a hard inquiry on the bureaus?  Or will they have a way to get hte report doing only a soft pull? 

Fico: 701 (5/22/14) 682 (5/9/2014)
Discover IT $5,200 / CU Visa $1,000 / JC Penny$3,000
App Free since 2/2013
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
MovingForward_2012
Valued Contributor

Re: Homebuyer class company pulling CR...inquiry?

I have no idea. I had to take a homebuyer's class online for the loan program I am getting. It cost me $50 and there was no evaluation of my credit reports. It was 8 hours in length and I took it from home over a span of 5 days. I think you will learn a lot. I was surprised by all the things that I didn't know. It was very interesting.
Cards: Orchard Bank ($1100) | Cap1 Cash Rewards ($2500) | Chase Freedom ($1000) | Best Buy ($2500) | Discover It ($1000) | Barclay Rewards ($2500) | Current scores: EX FAKO: 684, CK TU: 649, FICO EQ: 680, FICO TU: 698, FICO EX: 658 Happy Homeowner Since 2/6/13! Smiley Happy Last App: 4/5/13 Gardening until July 2014
Message 2 of 7
violetsmom
Regular Contributor

It doesn't sound like an inquiry to me, it sounds like an added value of getting a free credit report in addition to the class.

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I teach homebuyer education and our agency also offers a credit report.  We use credco to access our credit reports and it is a soft pull.

Message 4 of 7
BCullum
New Contributor

Should be a soft pull just to show you your score, which will not have a bearing on your score.

Lender Pull EQ 745 EX 734 TU 722
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

We offer a tri-merged credit report and all three scores. Its a soft pull .  The housing agency will probably provide one score and report.

Message 6 of 7
awdsmama
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I teach homebuyer education and our agency also offers a credit report.  We use credco to access our credit reports and it is a soft pull.

Thank  you for the info, I appreciate it!  :-)

Fico: 701 (5/22/14) 682 (5/9/2014)
Discover IT $5,200 / CU Visa $1,000 / JC Penny$3,000
App Free since 2/2013
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.