Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Homeowner's Insurance

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Homeowner's Insurance

We are buying a restored farm house, 2800 sq ft, new roof, all new electrical, new hvac system, all new stainless steel appliances, new cabinets, new front load washer dryer, fully insulated, two gas log fireplaces, two out buildings, 6 seat hot tub, wrap around porches, lots of nice upgrades, yay. Purchase price 150,000, Appraised for 165,000.

Called our insurance agent and was quoted a replacement policy of up to 196,000.00 @ 975.00 a year, 1000.00 deductible. My LO said that was high and she got a quote of 720 a year with same deductible for 167,000. We didn't have time to obtain any more quotes today.

Ok, what do y'all think? I want to be fully covered but don't want to pay too much. I really have no idea what to expect or how to do this.

Thank you for any help.
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Homeowner's Insurance

Correction. Purchase price is 155,000.
Message 2 of 5
JM-AM
Valued Contributor

Call several insurance companies on phone. They can give you a quick quote.

Just like anything else you have to compare one offer to the other. 

Good Luck
May all your dreams and wishes become a reality!
Message 3 of 5
dabrian
Frequent Contributor

Im covered up to $213000 with $1000 deductible and Im at $490 a year with MetLife. That price is with discounts given for car ins policy with them and also a discount with my employer.
NFCU Sig Cash-20k/ Amex BCP-19.4k/ Amex Costco-1.2k/Chase Marriott-12k/CSP-13.4k/ Freedom-5.5k/ Discover IT-14k/NCSECU-5k/Walmart-10k/Lowes-25k
Message 4 of 5
MrChairman
Established Contributor

Insurance is one of those animals that will never be the same for any two people. You and your neighbor can have an identical policy and you could possibly still pay more. Most insurance companies today base rates off of credit reports and prior claims histories. And your higher rate most likely covers some BS you don't even need and the lower end might just have the bare minimum and not cover you 100%. Just food for thought.

Starting Score:TransUnion: 698 (12 FEB 2010), Equifax: 674 (12 FEB 2010)
Current Score (Lender Pulled):TransUnion: 684 (12 SEP 2016), Equifax: 696 (12 SEP 2016), Experian: 679 (12 SEP 2016)
Goal Score:All scores All scores at least 700+ by December 2017!!

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.