cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Homeowners Premium Paid Before Settlement?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Homeowners Premium Paid Before Settlement?

Hello,

I was wondering if the Homeowners premium needs to be paid before settlement. I have read a variety of statements about this. Settlement is scheduled for Monday and I didnt pay the premium yet.... Any guidance is appreciated. Thanks!

Mike

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Homeowners Premium Paid Before Settlement?

@Anonymous wrote:

Hello,

I was wondering if the Homeowners premium needs to be paid before settlement. I have read a variety of statements about this. Settlement is scheduled for Monday and I didnt pay the premium yet.... Any guidance is appreciated. Thanks!

Mike

Our homeowner's insurance folks asked us if we wanted to pay up front or collect as close, we just had it lumped into our closing.

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the reply! I was figuring that looking at the HUD Statement but then I saw a website stating it needed to be paid before closing. Thaks again.

Mike

Message 3 of 5
Jazzzy
Valued Contributor

Have you had a chance to see your closing documents yet? That should clear it up.

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I havent had a chance to see anything really except the HUD-1 Statement. On there it states that it would come from the funds at settlement. Other than that, that is all I have seen. Everything kind of came together in the past 2 days and settlement is tomorrow. Fingers crossed!!!

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.