cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Homepath Multiple Offers STRESSED OUT!!-UPDATE

tag
FSUGAPEACH
Contributor

Re: Homepath Multiple Offers STRESSED OUT!!

I just called and FannieMae said my offer is still pending!!!!!!! Noooo duh!!!!!!!! I was wanting a little more information then that!!!!!! Ugh!!!!!!!! Smiley Sad
Message 11 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

When I called, they were very nice and documented my concerns about what I perceived as games the listing agent was playing.  They also escalated my complaint on their end.  They let me know my bid was accepted and no matter what the listing agent was saying, the deal was done as far as they were concerned since my offer was accepted.

I will say the listing agent got very upset when he heard from Fannie Mae (since he felt I was going over his head) which caused more threats to put the house back on the market.  It seems clear in hindsight that he may have just been trying to get me to outbid myself.

Message 12 of 17
FrugalRican
Blogger

@Anonymous wrote:

I will say the listing agent got very upset when he heard from Fannie Mae (since he felt I was going over his head) which caused more threats to put the house back on the market.  It seems clear in hindsight that he may have just been trying to get me to outbid myself.

Good lord.

Some people are just shady.

Follow my financial journey: http://www.frugalrican.com

EQ FICO (01/16/2012): 656 - EQ FICO (02/16/2012): 743 - EQ (02/24/2012): 760 - EX (04/28/2012): 739 - GOAL 2013: 800+

AMEX BCE (0/10K) --- BOA 1-2-3 (0/15.9K) --- Discover More (0/6K) --- Chase Freedom Visa (0/1.4K) -- Hyatt Visa Sign. (0/5.8K) -- Barclay's NFL Card (0/7.5K) -- Chase Sapphire Preferred (0/5K)

Message 13 of 17
FSUGAPEACH
Contributor

I have been so busy preparing paperwork for UW but offer was formally accepted on Wednesday and we are officially under CONTRACT!!! Woohoo!!!!
Message 14 of 17
my25reasons
Regular Contributor

Awesome! Congrats!!

In my wallet:
Discover More / Chase Amazon / Chase Freedom /Chase Business Ink / Chase Slate / Capital One Cash Rewards / Walmart Discover / Kohls / JCPenny / Home Depot / Art Van

Experian Direct PLUS scores: Experian 744/ Equifax 763/ TU 744
Message 15 of 17
Annaliese
New Contributor

That's great news and now you can enjoy the weekend =)

Thanks for the update!

Message 16 of 17
LondonMassey
Frequent Contributor

I am in the same boat.  I put in an offer on a home here in Vegas that was initially listed in October at $69,900, they dropped the price 2 weeks ago to $59,900.  My agent called about it and was told they had multiple offers (it really is a great house- built in 1995, 2 story, 3 bedroom 2 1/2 bath, all appliances, 2 car garage, back yard(rare in Las Vegas), and move in ready in an HOA neighborhood).  I had to put in my highest and final 2 days ago... and offered $64,501 plus I cover all my closing costs.  My initial offer was asking price and I cover closing.  I haven't heard anything but the listing now says off market pending offer.  I think it's a Fannie property, I'm going to call my agent tomorrow to double check.  I honestly don't think it will appraise for what I offered and hope that they'll give it to me at the appraisal price if there isn't some cash investor that snakes his way over me. 

Question for those who have gone through this issue: How long until you were notified if your offer was accepted or rejected?

Cap1(sc) 550, Cap1 750, Walmart 750, Home Depot 3000, Amazon 700, US Bank 1500, Childrens Place 1100, JC Penney 700, Old Navy 700, PayPal 700, Torrid 700, Lane Bryant 150, Avenue 500, OSP 500, Amex Blue 2000, Disc it 1000, Walmart Disc 2200, Old Navy Visa 1700, Mortgage 09-2012, Car Loan 03-2013

Current Score: EQ 665 EX 687 TU 695

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.