Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Homeward bound!

tag
MasterCreditScore

Homeward bound!

Thanks community! This is my 1st post.

I have spent hours reading over advice and it has paid off. I know this may be a record for credit score improvement but I went from across the board 550s to 675-700ish in 3 months! Today, I qualified for a VA home loan through USAA for 200k @ 4.875. What a feeling to hear, "You've been approved!" 2 weeks ago USAA shot me down. I knew my scores had gone up last week so I decided to call USAA back again. I was told my scores had gone up 50 pts in 2 weeks which put me over the 620 median score. I have been working diligently for the past 3 months on improving my scores. I have been using a credit repair service for the past 3 months (excellent service). 9 combined items have been deleted with their help which included 2 identical judgments, a charge off and 6 old collections. I expect a few more deletions to follow. I am at my end of what I can get removed, I sent out the last 2 letters today and disputed items over the weekend online. What I cannot get removed I will have to send a 'PIFD' check to. Thanks for this advice that does work. My own letters and online disputes have helped tremendously to increase results. What has contributed the most is that I had 4 credit cards maxed out and paid them all to 0. I did not realize until I read into what effect credit card balances have on credit scores. High balances bring down scores drastically. Thanks for this advice. Something I will never forget. Persistence, determination and changing the way I pay credit (#1) equals RESULTS!.

I still have a few old collections left to pay and hopefully get removed on each but I can see 750 on the horizon in a few months.

A big thanks to everyone! Smiley Very Happy

Message Edited by MasterCreditScore on 03-09-2009 08:19 PM
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Homeward bound!

Be aware that FHA (and possibly USDA, not sure on that one) have instituited new policies that willn ot allow you to close on a loan while you have open disputes on your credit record.  Make sure of this before you actually put offers on as you don't want to default on an offer. 

Other than that, it sounds great and good luck with the hunt. 

Message 2 of 5
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Be aware that FHA (and possibly USDA, not sure on that one) have instituited new policies that willn ot allow you to close on a loan while you have open disputes on your credit record.  Make sure of this before you actually put offers on as you don't want to default on an offer. 

Other than that, it sounds great and good luck with the hunt. 

Mickie08-

Are you sure its FHA? I thought it was Fannie loans that were not allowing approvals with open disputes.

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am pretty sure DLG said it was FHA.  I will look for it.
Message 4 of 5
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
I am pretty sure DLG said it was FHA.  I will look for it.

Here is the link: It was for Fannie

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/fico/board/message?board.id=loans&thread.id=33990&view=by_date_ascending&page=1

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.