Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Honest feed back on chances of success.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Honest feed back on chances of success.

Do I and my sis even have a chance at acquiring a Mortgage Loan of 105000. Please be honest, and if i am eligible for a FHA or conventional, will I pay a high interest.

Income  - Mine                                        Hers-

16000 2.5 yrs consistent                    20-22000 consisten employment for 3-5 ys

Scores

Eq-697     Tu- ?>697     Ex- ?                  EQ-630      TU- 599    Ex-?

One 30 day late, 3yrs ago.                      One 1000 charge off - BestBuy

Auto loan  -212 monthly 7400 bl             Another 300 charge off.

0-400 CC balance                                    0-400 CC balance- Joint with me

We have 10000 - 12000 available for downpayment.

3000 extra for Miscellaneous(Paperwork.......)

I make extra non taxed(legal) side money,about 700 montly, and am finishing school so I can have sufficient credits to be a police officer.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Honest feed back on chances of success.

It is possible, but there is more info needed

How high are taxes and insurance in that area you are looking?

Is the car loan the only debt you have or are there any school loans/credit cards?

How recently were the charge offs, and has there been good credit reestablished?

Last, generally, unless the two of you are going into this together as a long term investment/rental property that the two of you are planning on living in initially, I would advise against 2 young adults (this may not be the case, but that is the impression I get from the post, job histories, income levels, school info) going in and buying a house together.  The reason is that you guys (assuming I am correct on the younger adults part) are both in what is generally a transformative time of life,  The odds that one of the two of you may meet someone/move/get married/move for work in the next 5 years are pretty high.  It does not appear currently that either of you could afford the home on your own.  If one had to move, that persons credit (DTI especially) would be tied up in the home because it may be awhile before either of you would be able to refi the mortgage on your own.  Again, if both parites are going into this thinking that you both want to keep the house for an investment if something were to happen a few years down the road, it is another story.  If that were the case though, it needs to be set up very specifically so any future situation are addressed.

As far as interest rate goes, FHA rates are near historical lows (although up slightly and definitely on the way up right now) so I would not worry about the rate.

Message 2 of 4
ineedahome

I would give it a try. Me and my girlfriend just got pre-approved for 140k on a VA loan. We make about 46k a year. I have a few late payments and paid off collections in the last 6-12 months and still got pre-approved.

Starting Score: 512 (02/12/10)
1 month Score: 569 (03/08/10)
Current Score: 631 (04/10/10)
Goal: 620+
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

ineedahome,

Can I ask you what you did to improve your score that much, that fast?

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.