cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

(Hopefully) My Journey to Homeownership (new: 10/23)

tag
indecison
Regular Contributor

Re: (Hopefully) My Journey to Homeownership (new: 8/10)

It goes to show you that EVERY situation/LO/Bank is different I guess. As you I just want this process over and done with so I can move on. Good luck and I look forward to reading your updates!

Message 41 of 58
thankfulheart
Established Contributor

Re: (Hopefully) My Journey to Homeownership (new: 8/14)

My file has gone back to UW with the conditions, appraisal, and other bits and bobs, but probably won't have a response until next week sometime.

The house has a foundation, slab, and the exterior walls will be up by tomorrow, according to the builder!  He moved my house to the top of the food chain as he knows I have a tight deadline, which I really appreciated.

My kids have already started packing, but I'm procrastinating for some reason.  I guess I'm still struggling to believe that this is really real.

Starting Score: 10/1/2011 EQ 568 TU 593
Current Score: EQ 664 TU 700 EX 701 (FAKO)

Message 42 of 58
indecison
Regular Contributor

Re: (Hopefully) My Journey to Homeownership (new: 8/14)

Keep us update! Thisngs will com together and you will be in that house before you know it!

Message 43 of 58
thankfulheart
Established Contributor

Re: (Hopefully) My Journey to Homeownership (new: 8/29)

LO called today to tell me we got a 2nd thumbs up from UW and the conditions.  The only condition right now is September's rent check, once it clears!  We are going to be pulling credit again next week, supposedly for the last time before closing. I'm sure they will also ask for updated bank statements, but that's no biggie.

I've started making my shopping lists of things like light fixtures, ceiling fans, garage door opener, etc.  We are swinging by tomorrow in hopes of seeing bathtubs and framing.

Message 44 of 58
thankfulheart
Established Contributor

Re: (Hopefully) My Journey to Homeownership (new: 9/5)

I have a ROOF!!! and a bunch of random framing, but I have a ROOF!

excitation over.

Message 45 of 58
thankfulheart
Established Contributor

Re: (Hopefully) My Journey to Homeownership (new: 9/5)

Locked in my interest rate today at 3.6% FHA.

I have shingles, insulation, and drywall as of today. This house is FLYING up.  The builder says we are a few days ahead of schedule, so I think we are still on track for a mid-late October close.  I'm hoping more mid than late, though.

Message 46 of 58
thankfulheart
Established Contributor

Re: (Hopefully) My Journey to Homeownership (new: 9/15)

LO pulled my credit again today. Good news: DTI was down. Bad news: Score was also down (in siggy). Dangit.  She said it still "looks good", though, and is getting the file ready to go back to UW for a 3rd time with the updated report/conditions.  I sure will be glad when this part is over!

Builder told me we are ahead of schedule on the house, so I'm hoping we can bump up the closing date.  LO said she would probably know more about that tomorrow.  Insurance paperwork is filled out.  I'm waiting to hear when carpet is going in as that is when I'm supposed to do water/electric in my name.

Construction-wise, we have drywall and are supposed to be getting paint, trim, interior doors, garage door, and driveway done this week!  I'm still in surreal mode. Haven't packed a thing.

Message 47 of 58
Catacam
Frequent Contributor

Thankful, I am so excited for you!!! I don't post much now that we closed, but I am still in my habit of reading every day and it is about time!!! So excited for ya!!

CLOSED ON OUR FIRST HOME MAY 30TH!!!

Starting Score: TU 589 EQ 526 EX603
Current Score: TU 635 EQ 603 EX ??
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 48 of 58
indecison
Regular Contributor

Glad to see thnags are moving alog!!

Message 49 of 58
thankfulheart
Established Contributor

Re: (Hopefully) My Journey to Homeownership (new: 9/26)

And we continue...the file was sent back to UW again with the conditions and a new CR due to the previous one having expired.  The new DTI looked better, my one main concern was that the statement cut on my CC before the payment posted.  The CU bungled it and backdated the payment, but it had already reported. They couldn't get it updated before the LO pulled, so my score was down, but still "good", according to LO.

We are currently waiting for a power of attorney to go through the final approval stages so that is all my estranged husband has to sign (non-purchasing spouse).  She's hoping to have that tomorrow.

I stopped by my house today to find it moving along rapidly.  It still needs floors, another coat of paint, closet shelves, doors, oh, and the put FORMICA in my kitchen rather than the granite I paid for!  I was pretty unhappy about that, but the builder got right on it and that is being fixed early next week.  I think we are really only about 2 weeks out from it being done.  I think we are still looking at a 10/25 closing date, but I'm desperately hoping we can move it up so I can get started on the painting and fixture installations I need to do before we can start the actual move.

Part of me is still waiting for the other shoe to drop...

Message 50 of 58
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.