cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

(Hopefully) My Journey to Homeownership (new: 10/23)

tag
indecison
Regular Contributor

Re: (Hopefully) My Journey to Homeownership (new: 9/26)

Your in the home stretch!! Stay positive. It will happen!

Message 51 of 58
thankfulheart
Established Contributor

Re: (Hopefully) My Journey to Homeownership (new: 9/29)

Power of Attorney was approved and signed. Just waiting for it to get back through the various channels.  LO said I am "fine" w/ UW and they don't need anything else right now.  Builder called and said the construction will be finished the end of next week, then there is a week of walk-throughs and inspections. I still can't believe they are finished so fast!

Right now, I've got an email out asking when the proposed closing date is.  I'm a nervous wreck.

Starting Score: 10/1/2011 EQ 568 TU 593
Current Score: EQ 664 TU 700 EX 701 (FAKO)

Message 52 of 58
thankfulheart
Established Contributor

Re: (Hopefully) My Journey to Homeownership (new: 10/8)

Wow, time flies, doesn't it?

My house is FINISHED! Smiley Surprised I'm shocked.  There are a series of walk-throughs this week and my final walk is scheduled for next Monday.  My closing is supposed to be at 2pm on 10/25, but I'm desperately hoping we can get it moved up; I have SO much to do before we can actually move in and that will only give me 6 days before I have to be out of my rental.

The LO has told me that I am fine credit-wise, nothing to worry about, but I know I won't believe it until the keys are in my hand.  Since the last credit pull, a major baddie has come off and my score has rebounded, so that's good.  I've just been worrying about keeping my utilization down to keep the DTI in check for the UW.

Majorly hoping that Lowe's decides to have a big Halloween appliance blowout sale with 0% for 18 months! Smiley LOL

Message 53 of 58
indecison
Regular Contributor

Re: (Hopefully) My Journey to Homeownership (new: 10/8)

Awesome news!! Yu will be in that home before you know it! Keep us posted as always!

Message 54 of 58
thankfulheart
Established Contributor

Re: (Hopefully) My Journey to Homeownership (new: 10/15)

Had my final walk through today! Only one little thing on the punch list, but we got everything signed off.  He was submitting the papers this afternoon and telling the main office we are good to go (the punch list thing will be done tomorrow).  Of course, my mortgage person is out of the office today. Smiley Sad I called/emailed/called Smiley Wink to let her know we can move the closing date up, if possible.  I'm desperately hoping to get it done no later than a week from tomorrow as it works better with my schedule/life.

I did have a credit hiccup, so thank God for ScoreWatch!  Chase decided to randomly report a CC that I was apparently an AU on from my ex that had lates just a few months ago.  Dropped my score 30 points.  I was able to get it removed, thank goodness, but without SW, I never would have known and it could have really botched the closing since we have one more pull.

I've stopped procrastinating and finally started packing as it's beginning to feel real.  I won't be able to breathe, though, until the keys are in hand.

Message 55 of 58
thankfulheart
Established Contributor

Re: (Hopefully) My Journey to Homeownership (new: 10/19)

STILL waiting on the county paperwork to come back. Come to find out, it has NOTHING to do with the loan, but the builder will hold the house hostage until it comes back approved (something to do with a rebate of impact fees).  Not a happy camper.

File went back to the UW today for the clear to close after another credit pull and employment verification.  We COULD close on Tuesday IF the county gets its act together.  The file is supposedly in the "last stage" of approval, so should be "any day now".

We are mostly packed.  We are only moving about 5 miles, so a lot of it will be done in small trips as we go over to paint/prep for the furniture moving day which is booked for 10/30.  It's coming down to the wire!

Message 56 of 58
thankfulheart
Established Contributor

Re: (Hopefully) My Journey to Homeownership (new: 10/23)

The tension continues to rise...I had to do yet another LOE on Monday (meaning the file probably never made it to UW on Friday, like it was supposed to) for an NFCU savings account I opened in June (inq showed up).  The last credit pull appears to have been softs on all 3 CBRs, so that's a good thing, no new INQ before I need to apply for a Lowe's and NFCU cards!  Still waiting on the ding-dang county to get their rubber-stamped hineys in gear and get my paperwork processed for the builder.  Utilities are in my name and I've done every blasted thing that's been asked of me.  Just can't seem to get the builder to do the same. Smiley Mad

This week is just truly horrible for me at work, in life, and at home with everything converging in a perfect storm to test me.  My days are jam-packed with an annual inspection, out-of-town guests (not staying with me, thank heavens, but still needing my attention), meetings, obligations, doctor appointments, house stress, you name it.  I told my Dad at least my oxygen levels are good from all the deep-breathing I've been doing!

At this point, I just want my clear to close so I can make some firm plans around the painting/moving I need to get done this week.  Being a planner, this day-by-day stuff is the worst part. I work 3rd shift and I'm not getting any sleep since I keep waking up to check my phone for messages. ~sigh~  I want it to be Halloween and all over with.

Message 57 of 58
indecison
Regular Contributor

Re: (Hopefully) My Journey to Homeownership (new: 10/23)

Hang in there! I know it is stressful as I went through all of the emotions in September. It will happen and you will soon look back and laugh!

Message 58 of 58
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.