Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hoping to hear from the bank and update my scores

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hoping to hear from the bank and update my scores

Like the title says, I'm waiting to hear back from the bank about a mortgage. I figured now that I make good money, I can afford to buy a house without struggling, plus with my age, I can be without a house payment when I go to retire.

Just wondering what y'all might think about my situation. Income is $46,700 per year, without any overtime, credit scores are as follows:

TU 8 646

EQ 8 627

EX 8 648

TU 4 620

EQ 4 614

EX 4 622

The only baddies I can think of is one late payment on my Cap1 last year and then about 1.5-2 years ago, my student loan(s) were 60 days late. Bad part about the student loans is that even though it's only 1 monthly payment, because it's part subsidized and part unsubsidized, it comes up as two late payments.

I'm trying to get a mortgage for about $130,000 max.

And does anyone know the typical requirements you have to meet to get first time homebuyer FHA loan with no money down?

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Hoping to hear from the bank and update my scores

The only way to get a zero-down FHA loan would be with a grant or downpayment assistance program. You can also get gift funds from a relative to cover the downpayment.

Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok I'll have to ask about that. The mortgage company is gonna call me today with some sort of news so fingers crossed for good news
Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well the mortgage company called back today and I was approved for $125,000 @ 3.75% with an FHA Loan. Maybe not the greatest interest rate, but I can finally own my own home.
Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Also, I know PMI is small part of your mortgage, at what point do you not need to have mortgage insurance?
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

3.75% is a good rate. With an FHA loan, if you put down less than 10% you will have mortgage insurance for the life of the loan. If you put the minimum 3.5% down on a $175k purchase price, your monthly mortgage insurance will be just under $120/mo.

Message 6 of 8
damnedanddetermined
Established Contributor

DPeezy~ can you give us all some info on these down payment programs and where to find them, qualificatons, rules, etc Smiley Happy

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

So say, down the road, I have 25% equity and I get tired of having to pay PMI. Can I refinance and get it out of my payment and probably have a lower payment?

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.