Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hoping to qualify.. Would appreciate your input

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hoping to qualify.. Would appreciate your input

So I am tired of renting in S. Florida and would like to take the next step and purchase a home. I've spent the last year working on my credit and finally have everything in order. Would like some assistance in determining how much I could be approved for.

1. Credit.  FICO 8: EQ 765 / TU 765/ EX 772
Mortgage scores from myfico: EQ Fico 05 800/ Ex Fico 02 752
No baddies on my report. Avg age of accounts 4-5yrs.

Income.  45k going up to 46,756 in March. Last year had 5k in OT

Source of income.  FT Employment. Hourly plus lots of OT and small yearly bonus (just under 1k)

Employment: w-2 employee been employed for over 5 years 

Assets/reserves: 2,500k savings and 5k 401

Location.  Florida, Broward county.

Property.  single family house or townhome,

Value.  150k - 175k

Occupancy.  Primary first home

Transaction Type.  purchase; first time home owner

Also, what interest rates could I expect and what would the monthly payments be for a home in the lower 150k and higher 175k?

Thanks for your help!!!
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Hoping to qualify.. Would appreciate your input

Forgot to mention, monthly debt is $219 car payment, $100 student loans, and about $50 in cc payments. 7% utilization on ccs
Message 2 of 5
Vegas247
Established Contributor

Sounds like an easy close.

$600 Barclaycard® Rewards MasterCard® - Average Credit $6500 Blue Cash Everyday® Card from American Express $30k credit card16k Chase Freedom® - $200 Bonus12k VSiggy
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks. Do you think qualifying for 150k to 175k would be an issue with my income?
Message 4 of 5
StartingOver10
Moderator Emerita

I think you will be fine with your income for that price range.

The issue will be finding something in Broward under $200k (even that is tough).  Make sure you take into account the cost of homeowners insurance. It is very expensive here and becomes part of your monthly mortgage payment (principal, interest, mortgage insurance, real estate taxes, homeowners insurance and if applicable HOA or condo fees).

HOA or condo fees don't go to the bank but are included in your calculations.

Ask your agent what you need to look for to find a property that has wind mitigation features so your HOI isn't too high.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.