Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

House Insurance

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: House Insurance

"Your homeowners has been estimated into your closing costs. You need to find a policy and give me the information and I will forward it to title. When your loan closes you will have a 12 month policy prepaid. You will also make a monthly homeowner's insurance payment. So, no, you don't need to pay for the policy beforehand. Everything will be paid through the title/escrow process."  Direct from my broker.  Thank God =)
Message 11 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

You should see the one year's pre-payment on your GFE. That'll give you an idea how in line you are with the insurance costs that your LO used to come up with your monthly payments.
Message 12 of 15
WannaHouse
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Your closing costs include one year of homeowners insurance...then it is paid monthly and put in an escrow account to pay it again next year when it's due.

Must vary.. I had to pay a year outside of closing costs, pre-pay 3 months within closing costs, and then the monthly escrow.  Best to ask the loan officer to be sure..

This is what mine was as well, but we paid 7 months within closing costs.

Kathy

We are finally homeowners!!

Closed May 5th-30 yr fixed at 5.25%.

Message 13 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Umm, yeah, wrote a check on 8/14 and it was cashed on 8/18...even though I was told that it wouldn't be cashed until closing day.

I have my Evidence of Insurability form, and the amount will be "credited" to me at closing, but just know that if you write a check...they WILL cash it!! Most likely before closing too.

Message 14 of 15
DallasLoanGuy
Super Contributor

one yr of hazard insurance is purchased at closing. + 2 months put into reserves.

all lenders require

Retired Lender
Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.