Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

House listing removed?!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

House listing removed?!

Uhhh, I just randomly checked some realtor listing sites and the house we're trying buy has been removed.  WTH?  We've been waiting on an answer all week to our offer.  Ive got a bad feeling.

I will go mentally insane if they have taken the house off the market.  We have jumped through hoops for this house! 

Anybody have any idea why they would do this other than actually taking the house off the market?  I know they do it when they switch realtors, but I dont see how that would be the case when we're in the middle of an offer.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
mamahearts
Frequent Contributor

Re: House listing removed?!

Oh no!

After our offer was accepted, the listing was removed the next day.  Maybe they accepted another offer.

myFICO starting TU 683 8/26/11
myFICO starting EQ 645 8/26/11
myFICO EQ 652 9/26
Message 2 of 5
Lel
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

Uhhh, I just randomly checked some realtor listing sites and the house we're trying buy has been removed.  WTH?  We've been waiting on an answer all week to our offer.  Ive got a bad feeling.

I will go mentally insane if they have taken the house off the market.  We have jumped through hoops for this house! 

Anybody have any idea why they would do this other than actually taking the house off the market?  I know they do it when they switch realtors, but I dont see how that would be the case when we're in the middle of an offer.

Talk to your real estate agent.

Sometimes when a seller is considering offers, the status of the listing changes from active to pending or something similar.  This may have been done because they didn't want to receive any other offers.  It's kinda like going to a store 1 minute before closing.  You can still finish your shopping, but anyone who comes after you is locked out.

Message 3 of 5
chasmith
Valued Contributor

If they accepted your offer, unless the acceptance was conditional, you can pursue breach of contract if they take another...

BK7 Filed 8/11/2009 Discharged 11/23/2009. Purchased new home 4/11/2012
Starting Score:11/16/2009 EQ 566 11/16/2009 TU 538
Interim Score: 12/27/2012 EQ 683 09/17/2012 EX (lender) 670 1/01/2013 TU 701
Current Score: 11/06/2013 EQ 708 11/06/2013 EX 702 11/16/2013 702 11/06/2013 TU 729
Goal Score: EQ 740 EX 740 TU 740
Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

False alarm.  I guess the posting was removed from when we were in contract with them before, but the removal is just now showing up on listing sites. 

I did talk to our realtor and they just got a hold of the sellers today so we are suppose to have an answer tomorrow (sounds like they are going to counter).

PHEW!

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.