Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

House loan question: Good credit with no income

tag
foofighter74
Established Contributor

Re: House loan question: Good credit with no income

I'm really not worried about getting to 640, we are paying down a bunch of debt and the lease taken out in November will age, but it's incredibly frustrating to know that you can't even get a fair idea of where you're at unless a lender does a hard pull. 

Message 21 of 29
Hopeforchange
New Contributor

Ok I got our scores. I'm really depressed now. His is a 580 and mine a 657. I don't know what happened. It says if we pay off his cards it will go to 600. If we keep it clean 620. Mine is low because I don't have 10 years of credit. Nothing I can do about that. So now what? How accurate is this site with recommendations. I really don't want a house with 5 percent interest. Still don't think my credit matters with no income.
Message 22 of 29
JM-AM
Valued Contributor

Paying down his debt will increase his score. I would pay the $300 limit in full. I would pay down the $1000 limit to $25 as soon as you can.

Adding him as an authorize user will also give him a boost. No dings for Authorize user if the accounts are older, your history is carried over.

Since you are just starting to save for down payment and any other cost in the home purchase, I will make the assumption you are going FHA, USDA, or VA since they require lower down payments, or no down payment at all. I think you can get his scores to qualify by this summer if you work at it. You arent that far off.

Good Luck
May all your dreams and wishes become a reality!
Message 23 of 29
Hopeforchange
New Contributor

Ok, more questions.  We pulled his credit report to figure out what is hurting his score.  He has medical bills that we thought already fell off that wont until the end of the year.  He also consolidated all of his student loans into one.  Well they are all on there several times like he has several loans instead of just one.  They all say they'll be there until 2019.  Is that normal or is it a mistake?  Pretty much decided we are not owning a home in the next year, or even several.  Smiley Sad  

Message 24 of 29
MovingForward_2012
Valued Contributor

Start sending PFDs now. If they are not due to fall off until 2019, that would mean the DOFDs were last year?
Cards: Orchard Bank ($1100) | Cap1 Cash Rewards ($2500) | Chase Freedom ($1000) | Best Buy ($2500) | Discover It ($1000) | Barclay Rewards ($2500) | Current scores: EX FAKO: 684, CK TU: 649, FICO EQ: 680, FICO TU: 698, FICO EX: 658 Happy Homeowner Since 2/6/13! Smiley Happy Last App: 4/5/13 Gardening until July 2014
Message 25 of 29
Hopeforchange
New Contributor

We can not PFD the medical bills.  The was almost seven years ago, he had no insurance and was hospitalized.  The Equifax and TransUnion are fine.  They all say the student loans were closed due to refinance.  The Experian is full of errors and the loans are on there several times as if they are all still open.  (I realized they'll stay on his report for seven years though)  He brought them all together a year before we married and I have paid on it for the past year, not missing one payment.  To be honest I am having a difficult time reading the Experian, so maybe its just me haha

Message 26 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have heard that this is pretty common with student loans.  Listing them individually like this is supposedly pretty common which could explain why you are seeing so many different entries on his report.

Message 27 of 29
Hopeforchange
New Contributor

So irritating those loans are. He's going to set up an appointment tomorrow to speak with someone. I can't sift through this anymore. I'm starting to obess. What I thought was going to be paying off a couple credit cards has turned into a nightmare.
Message 28 of 29
smiths38
Regular Contributor

A friend of mine just closed on an FHA loan and she had 4 medical bills and a cellular bill in collections and they were not an issue.

Starting Score: 553(EQ) 572 (TU) 586(EX) (EQ Complete Advantage)
Current Score: 572
Goal Score: 640

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 29 of 29
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.