cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How LONG did it take your mortage to report ???

tag
Vegas4Play
Valued Contributor

Re: How LONG did it take your mortage to report ???

@Revelate wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I am hoping that since my utilzation on cards is LOW, and with only the HP for Amex (Other than those security people scoundrels that HP'd me unknowingly; or rather I was misinformed aka not listening), that when the mortgage hits it wont be so bad.  Im fine with it either way but obvs Id rather it be less than more.

Unless you pulled the SSL trick or otherwise had all of your installment loans already nearly paid off, it'll probably be a non-event.

End of the day if the mortgage made sense, one's FICO score after the fact is darned near irrelevant.

So REV....due to my student loans already being at the balance owed/original the new mortgage will not really affect me much your saying? ( of coarse ymmv)

Fico 8's TU 756/ EQ 754/ EX 743- 8/2020// AAoA 5.7 years // Lines August 2020 = 619k Personal - Business 61k // Inquiries 6 TU - 0 Exp - 0 Eq.
Message 11 of 20
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@Vegas4Play wrote:

@Revelate wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I am hoping that since my utilzation on cards is LOW, and with only the HP for Amex (Other than those security people scoundrels that HP'd me unknowingly; or rather I was misinformed aka not listening), that when the mortgage hits it wont be so bad.  Im fine with it either way but obvs Id rather it be less than more.

Unless you pulled the SSL trick or otherwise had all of your installment loans already nearly paid off, it'll probably be a non-event.

End of the day if the mortgage made sense, one's FICO score after the fact is darned near irrelevant.

So REV....due to my student loans already being at the balance owed/original the new mortgage will not really affect me much your saying? ( of coarse ymmv)

Yeah.

If you were super clean there may be an Age of Youngest Account type ("recently opened account" under FICO 04 reason codes) ding, and of course there's always AAOA to consider, but the big swing of 20-35 points that people get with paying off their only installment loan for example or I got going from 8% -> ~100% aggregate balance to aggregate original loan amounts, won't happen in your case if your student loans are close to 100% still on their balance / original loan ratio.

        
Message 12 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

It really just depends.  My husbands score went up 20 points once our mortgage started reporting with no other changes, my score went down 10 points on average. 

Message 13 of 20
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

It really just depends.  My husbands score went up 20 points once our mortgage started reporting with no other changes, my score went down 10 points on average. 

Out of curiosity:

1) Was that his only installment loan

2) How many tradelines were on his file?

        
Message 14 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

He had 1 other installment (car loan)

and I opened 5 credit cards in his name over the past year (all 6-12 months ago) as he had no revolving accounts. (this was before I found this board and knew 3 would have been enough)

He has four CC chargeoffs that are all about 5 years old and they are all still reporting.

I see nothing different in our reports from before our mortgage to now except of course, the mortgage is reporting.

his score before our mortgage (we close March 31.  Started the process mid February) was all around 620-630

his score as of yesterday (our mortgage first reported last week) was 640-650

These are the regular scores that the Equifax plan gives you in their 3 report package, not FICO mortgage scores as I stopped my FICO plan after we closed on the house.  But the scores were pretty similar when I was using both.

Message 15 of 20
Vegas4Play
Valued Contributor

@Revelate wrote:

@Vegas4Play wrote:

@Revelate wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Yeah.

If you were super clean there may be an Age of Youngest Account type ("recently opened account" under FICO 04 reason codes) ding, and of course there's always AAOA to consider, but the big swing of 20-35 points that people get with paying off their only installment loan for example or I got going from 8% -> ~100% aggregate balance to aggregate original loan amounts, won't happen in your case if your student loans are close to 100% still on their balance / original loan ratio.

Ok great thanks for the Info.

Fico 8's TU 756/ EQ 754/ EX 743- 8/2020// AAoA 5.7 years // Lines August 2020 = 619k Personal - Business 61k // Inquiries 6 TU - 0 Exp - 0 Eq.
Message 16 of 20
stellar
Established Contributor

Mortgage took a month after closing to report.

TU FICO went up 8 pts, next month gained 5 more(net +13)

EX FICO went down 16 pts, next month gained 23 more(net +7)

EQ FICO went up 9 pts, next month gained 3 more(net+12)

I also have a small student loan reporting/open.

Message 17 of 20
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

He had 1 other installment (car loan)

and I opened 5 credit cards in his name over the past year (all 6-12 months ago) as he had no revolving accounts. (this was before I found this board and knew 3 would have been enough)

He has four CC chargeoffs that are all about 5 years old and they are all still reporting.

I see nothing different in our reports from before our mortgage to now except of course, the mortgage is reporting.

his score before our mortgage (we close March 31.  Started the process mid February) was all around 620-630

his score as of yesterday (our mortgage first reported last week) was 640-650

These are the regular scores that the Equifax plan gives you in their 3 report package, not FICO mortgage scores as I stopped my FICO plan after we closed on the house.  But the scores were pretty similar when I was using both.

I think those might be Vantage scores?

I know my own vantage score *loves* the fact I have a mortgage (and explicitly a mortgage, it appears to care about installment loan type unlike FICO), I gained something like 40 points as soon as it reported IIRC... I know it kicked me up to something like 740->783 I think though I could double-check that, and my VS has climbed north of 800 in the past two years as well.

        
Message 18 of 20
Sbrooks1
Valued Contributor

Closed on 3/24 with Guaranteed Rate, immediately sold to Chase so that is where my first payment went. Made my 2 payment 6/1 and still has not reported. Curious to see how my scores react!
Message 19 of 20
babbles
Established Contributor

Didn't take long for NFCU to report, maybe a couple weeks to a month but unbelievably, my scores went down a few notches!!   That was back in March.  I actually came here to get suggestions on why my scores dropped.

Message 20 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.