Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How Quickly Do Scores Really Change?

tag
cardiacRN

How Quickly Do Scores Really Change?

Hi Everyone,
 I'm getting ready to pay off all my credit card debt in the next few days and was wondering if anyone knows how long it will take for that to reflect on my credit scores? I used the FICO simulator and according to my existing revolving debt ($5400) and current FICO score (658) if I pay it all off it would change my score to 718-738.

I want to buy a college graduation present for myself (a new mercedes benz) and would like to walk in the door in the best possible position.

Anyone have any advice or info to share?
With much gratitude,
Lily
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

Re: How Quickly Do Scores Really Change?

cardiacRN wrote:
Hi Everyone,
 I'm getting ready to pay off all my credit card debt in the next few days and was wondering if anyone knows how long it will take for that to reflect on my credit scores? I used the FICO simulator and according to my existing revolving debt ($5400) and current FICO score (658) if I pay it all off it would change my score to 718-738.

I want to buy a college graduation present for myself (a new mercedes benz) and would like to walk in the door in the best possible position.

Anyone have any advice or info to share?
With much gratitude,
Lily

Pay them off, wait for the CAs to report the new scores and buy a used Totota Corolla   Smiley Very Happy
The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.