tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How accurate is CreditXpert?

Message 11 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

i have an update to tell you about and get your advice. So i paid off the Macys in full and they sent me a letter for my mortgage lender since Macys won't report until the 26th of this month. So she plugged in the letter to my mortgage scores and Transunion and Equifax went up about 40 points! However, Experian isn't accepting it. My score won't budge at all. Why would this be? I'm hoping that when Macys reports on the 26th that that will change...

Message 12 of 27
DallasLoanGuy
Super Contributor

credit xpert is extremely accurate.

although. if it tells you to do something.... and you doit. then get a new report pulled..... something else could change to affect the results.

if nothing else changes.... you are going to have a good experience with credit xpert

Retired Lender
Message 13 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

Im not sure if she uses this program or not. She uses some kind of simulator I think. I guess I'm just wondering why two bureaus would update with so many points and experien will not

Message 14 of 27
DallasLoanGuy
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Im not sure if she uses this program or not. She uses some kind of simulator I think. I guess I'm just wondering why two bureaus would update with so many points and experien will not

i have seen it happen.

and i will let credit experts explain that batter.

i am an expert on loans and an expert at the simulator as i have been using it for over 10yrs

Retired Lender
Message 15 of 27
jdxprs1
Frequent Contributor

They didn't accept mine either. I had to wait a few weeks for capital one to actually mail me the letters. The ones they emailed me weren't good enough.
Last app 1/2/2017.
In the garden until at least 6/2/2017.
Message 16 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

Should I expect to see something once Macys reports after the 26th?

Message 17 of 27
jdxprs1
Frequent Contributor

i would think so, but no garuntees. on equifax, after all had shown a zero balance, i now show i owe $188 on one of the accounts. have to wait until after my refi to get it straitened out. i have the letters to prove the zero balance. thats good enough for now.

Last app 1/2/2017.
Message 18 of 27
KSK1912
Valued Contributor

@ALHondaGuy wrote:

Unless they are pay for deletes AND your only baddies, I don't see how that's accurate. Paying a charge-off or collection will not improve your scores. It would only make you look good in manual underwriting.

+1 Especially a very old one such as 6 years. You might have some luck calling CRA's and asking for Early Exclusion and get them removed without even paying. It's worth the try.

6/14/15: Equifax 576 Experian 542 Transunion 571
8/17/15: Equifax 626 Experian 619 Transunion 622
9/28/15: Equifax 655 Experian 636 Transunion 641
11/11/15: Equifax 698 Experian 687 Transunion 672
Short Term Goal Score: 720 Across the board

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Are you free Tuesday..?
Message 19 of 27
jdxprs1
Frequent Contributor

@KSK1912 wrote:

@ALHondaGuy wrote:

Unless they are pay for deletes AND your only baddies, I don't see how that's accurate. Paying a charge-off or collection will not improve your scores. It would only make you look good in manual underwriting.

+1 Especially a very old one such as 6 years. You might have some luck calling CRA's and asking for Early Exclusion and get them removed without even paying. It's worth the try.

A charge off that isn't sent to a collection agency, can still show a balance. If it still shows a balance it's being added to your utilization. That's why I gained so many points after paying. 

Last app 1/2/2017.
Message 20 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.