cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How am I supposed to know what is going on?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How am I supposed to know what is going on?

As a buyer, I have been very involved with the entire process.   I email the broker, loan processor,  listing agent, my agent and the title company processor.  I have everyone's number and email address so that I can stay up to date and know eveything that is going on.   A  smart buyer would stay involve with the entire process and not rely on their agent.    

Message 11 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@lmh6 wrote:

This whole process is so annoying.  I don't know where I am in the application process, what comes next, who has what and who needs what.

First it took the bank 1 week before they even forwarded my file to the underwriter.  The processor does not know her head from her a........  She seems to be reading from a script so everytime I ask a question she seems to be thrown off guard.

The LO talks to me like I'm supposed to know what this process is like so when the "system" automatically sends an invalid Good Faith Estimate document that has incorrectly indicated that I have to bring in 8K in closing costs, when the seller is paying closing costs.....she snaps "WELL that's because the credits haven't been added in yet".  Well how am I supposed to know that and if the document has a date of 2 days ago, I am to only assume that it is the most recent up to date document.  

Then I get the conditions from the Processor that the underwriter needs.  After I answer those, I get a letter in the mail with additional conditions.....So "ASSUMING" it may be outdated (because the GFE was) I send an email to the Processor and LO (because neither answers the phone).....the LO doesn't respond at all and the processor takes a few days to call back but doesn't know what I'm talking about (because she doesn't know her head from her a..).  I finally figure out the LO needs the info, and the realtor needs to make a couple of changes to the contract, but wants me to resend a couple pages from the contract to the LO...but I'm currently homeless, living with family, and my stuff (including printer) is in storage....and I don't have access to a printer (can't even go to the library because I don't have a library card and I'm waiting until I can get one from the county I'm actually buying in).  But since she's the realtor, and getting paid, this seems like a minor thing she should be able to assist with, right?  NO- ok I'll figure it out (my response to her because she can't print the pages that need to be re-printed and sent back to the LO).  

Then I have to ask the realtor if WE should contact the title company and ask what to do about my marital situation (legally married- but technically separated).  Her response "Oh, the title company hasn't contacted you yet?"...... sigh  NO ONE has contacted me!  And I'm scheduled to close next friday..   I'm sure at this point that's not going to happen.  

I just had to vent..............

This is your loan and you are on the hook for meeting the contract requirements.   Take charge!   

Message 12 of 13
lmh6
New Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

As a buyer, I have been very involved with the entire process.   I email the broker, loan processor,  listing agent, my agent and the title company processor.  I have everyone's number and email address so that I can stay up to date and know eveything that is going on.   A  smart buyer would stay involve with the entire process and not rely on their agent.    

With this being my 1st time in the mortgage rodeo, and expressing this with the my realtor (who I'm acquainted with outside of this process) I was looking at her to be my SME and guide me through this process.  Based off the feedback I got from this post (Which is why I love this community BTW) I have taken charge and made the necessary calls and updates.....now if I could just light a fire under the Loan Processor to actually review my docs and submit back to the underwriter.  Right now everyone is waiting on the bank to yay/nay this deal......just waiting.  I'm too far in the process to go to another lender, it's just learning experience for the next time.

I guess I was looking at this from a project type of deal....I'm used to having timelines, deliverables, assignees, etc and was thinking that although things vary from bank to bank and realtor to realtor...there's a basic flow chart that should exist somewhere......that should give borrowers an idea of what happens during the mortgage process.  But instead, I will just stalk the Loan Processor until she calls me back and updates me on the status.  Because apparently for the last 2 weeks my file has been on her desk awaiting her to review my responses to the Conditions the underwriter submitted.  She finally started working through them yesterday, and said she was submitting the file to the underwriter for final approval by COB yesterday- but I don't believe her.  So Stalk I will do

Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.