cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I find out if HOA was satisfied at bank sale? Where to look?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

How do I find out if HOA was satisfied at bank sale? Where to look?

After days of investigating, after almost being approved for an FHA (long story), it has come to my attention that the eviction judgment that happened before the bank foreclosed on me was likely paid at the foreclosure sale by the bank. 

Short facts: 

2012: HOA (never existed--it was the developer who never sold his units but was running a fake HOA--no services, no books, no members) slapped a judgment on me for 7K. 

2013: Bank foreclosed on the property

Judgment on my records, recorded BEFORE the bank sale. I hardly doubt the lawyers for the HOA/developer are going to kindly let me know whether the new owners had to pay them as well. 

I've read everywhere that all parties will be satisfied at the sale. This is Cook County, Chicago. 

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
kc0039
Established Contributor

Re: How do I find out if HOA was satisfied at bank sale? Where to look?

Go to cook county recorder and look up your name. Last name first. Look and see if the recorded judgement is there. After that, look for anything that shows that judgement has been fully paid. If not, there would still be a judgement out there for you.

Licensed in IL
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.