Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I tell my realtor?

tag
Jess21
Frequent Contributor

How do I tell my realtor?

So, I am fearing the fact that maybe this is just not the right time for us to buy.  Right now we are in a limbo between not being approved for enough, or not getting through underwritting because my husband has only been a US resident for a year.   We are scheduled to go look at 6 properties tomorrow but honestly I dont want to look at more properties until we are sure we can do this.  How do I cancel this with my realtor with such a short notice?  Im feeling bad for putting her on hold.

Equifax: 676 (myfico) Experian: 683(myfico) TransUnion: 689 (Barclays)

Current Goal: 700
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
edcampbell613
Contributor

Re: How do I tell my realtor?

They will appreciate your honesty and you not wasting their time.

Message 2 of 9
TimeToRecover
Established Contributor

i agree.  And when you are ready she will know you are serious and not just looking for a way to spend an afternoon.

Starting Score: 570 ish
Current Score:EX (701) EQ (711) TU (705)
Goal Score: 750
In My Wallet: GE Care Credit (8K) BestBuy (6K) BofA Cash Rewards Signature Visa (7K) Cap One Quicksilver (10.5K) Chase Freedom (4K) Lowes (6K) VS Angel Card (2.4K), Macys (4K)
Message 3 of 9
DallasLoanGuy
Super Contributor

agree with the other answers

Retired Lender
Message 4 of 9
LynGene
New Contributor

The other posters are spot on.... you're being respectful of her time by cancelling as soon as you know.  It stinks, but keep them happy so that when it is your time they'll work to keep you happy!

Message 5 of 9
edcampbell613
Contributor

And also tell them you will tell your friends about your positive experience, 

Referrals are the best compliments you can give.

Message 6 of 9
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@Jess21 wrote:

So, I am fearing the fact that maybe this is just not the right time for us to buy.  Right now we are in a limbo between not being approved for enough, or not getting through underwritting because my husband has only been a US resident for a year.   We are scheduled to go look at 6 properties tomorrow but honestly I dont want to look at more properties until we are sure we can do this.  How do I cancel this with my realtor with such a short notice?  Im feeling bad for putting her on hold.

Don't worry about it.

Realtors are used to delays/cancellations/disruptions. It's written into their job description I think.

A good realtor will not be upset with you.

Message 7 of 9
StartingOver10
Moderator Emerita

I'm a Realtor. Everyone above ^^^ is right. We love prepared buyers and those that know they aren't quite ready yet. Heart

Message 8 of 9
fishbjc
Senior Contributor

Next time, go through the preapproval process.  See where you're at. 

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.