Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do you all handle this stress?

tag
AppleJacks
Established Member

How do you all handle this stress?

So my husband and I are in underwriting.  I knew everything would take longer than they actually tell you it would take but the underwriting part, sheeh.

The Appraisal came back Thursday of last week (5/16) and it was good.  We approved it and rushed to get it back to her Friday morning (the LO insisted it couldn't wait until Monday.  Funny how that works.  They need everything immediately but we buyers get to wait on everything Smiley Happy).  Okay, no big deal.  Well it went to underwriting and she told us we would know something by Wednesday morning "at the latest."  Wednesday came and went.  Then yesterday she said they were having a problem verifying my past employment.  I'm a federal employee and have been for years but I've transferred to different agencies during that time (same general line of work), but I'm still just a federal employee. So I gave them all the different codes from The Work Number (which is what my employer uses) I could find and printed some report verifying my employment and the employment codes.  Sent that straight back to the LO Thursday morning (within the same hour of the request).  Didn't hear anything so we called right before COB yesterday and she said the codes worked and they verified my employment.  But now were back to waiting.  It's now Friday and I've already lost hope I'll hear anything today (even though it's onlay 9 AM here).  I don't want to go this LONG weekend (I am sure the bank is closed Monday) not knowing. 

It's so draining and I can't count how many times I've thought of just throwing my hands up and walking away.  We put our very first offer on this house March 16.  It's now May 24.  Now most of the delay was the sellers but, added all up, this home buying process for a regular sale (not short sale, not forclosure, not new build) is going to be less than two weeks shy of three months, IF we close on time...We are supposed to close in 10 days.  I know that gives us a bit of time but there are only 4 working days after today.  How do you guys get through it?  Just one day at a time is starting to turn into one hour at a time for me, lol.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Ron6262
Regular Contributor

Re: How do you all handle this stress?

I drank a lot of wine!  I also complained a lot to my GF about it.  It helped a bit, there is no easy answer, just have to sweat through it.  The end is worth it, I started moving into our new place today.

Message 2 of 5
misscammiej
New Contributor

@AppleJacks wrote:

So my husband and I are in underwriting.  I knew everything would take longer than they actually tell you it would take but the underwriting part, sheeh.

The Appraisal came back Thursday of last week (5/16) and it was good.  We approved it and rushed to get it back to her Friday morning (the LO insisted it couldn't wait until Monday.  Funny how that works.  They need everything immediately but we buyers get to wait on everything Smiley Happy).  Okay, no big deal.  Well it went to underwriting and she told us we would know something by Wednesday morning "at the latest."  Wednesday came and went.  Then yesterday she said they were having a problem verifying my past employment.  I'm a federal employee and have been for years but I've transferred to different agencies during that time (same general line of work), but I'm still just a federal employee. So I gave them all the different codes from The Work Number (which is what my employer uses) I could find and printed some report verifying my employment and the employment codes.  Sent that straight back to the LO Thursday morning (within the same hour of the request).  Didn't hear anything so we called right before COB yesterday and she said the codes worked and they verified my employment.  But now were back to waiting.  It's now Friday and I've already lost hope I'll hear anything today (even though it's onlay 9 AM here).  I don't want to go this LONG weekend (I am sure the bank is closed Monday) not knowing. 

It's so draining and I can't count how many times I've thought of just throwing my hands up and walking away.  We put our very first offer on this house March 16.  It's now May 24.  Now most of the delay was the sellers but, added all up, this home buying process for a regular sale (not short sale, not forclosure, not new build) is going to be less than two weeks shy of three months, IF we close on time...We are supposed to close in 10 days.  I know that gives us a bit of time but there are only 4 working days after today.  How do you guys get through it?  Just one day at a time is starting to turn into one hour at a time for me, lol.

Man I feel your pain, the waiting is killing me.

Message 3 of 5
sugspc1
Established Member

It's a LONG stressful 45 days!!  We are waiting for the title to come in before it gets sent to underwriting, then USDA.  Everything looks good. Inspections, the appraisal, our finances etc. It's just sitting and waiting each day for some bit of news.  We are suppose to close June 28th and we are hoping a bit sooner. 

~Jennifer~

Score Avg 651

Message 4 of 5
AppleJacks
Established Member

Well the LO emailed us and asked for me stuff.  A new bank statement and LOE stating that I'm going to commute to work (how else would I get there, teleport)?  So anyway, we call her to ask about new bank statement, we don't get a new one until around the first, she has our most recent statements.  So after we call her she informs us she needs it today and that the underwriter is going on Vacation ALL next week.  We we are supposed to close a week from Monday.  So we have no choice but to get it to her today.  Normally not a problem, it's not much but we are getting ready for my daughter's graduation.  I'm so mad about all this.  Did the underwriter not know until this afternoon she was going on vacation all next week that she couldn't ask sooner? Smiley Sad  Anyway, my husband is at his bank now seeing what they can come up with for him and fax over to the LO and I just wrote, scanned and emailed her the LOE stating that I don't know how to port yet so for now I'll be commuting to work (in nicer terms Smiley Happy).  

I'm just going to forget all about this for tonight and enjoy my daughter's very important day.  She is finishing high school at 15, I have a lot to be proud of.

Hang in there yall.  Hopefully we all hear something very soon!

P.S.  If they sold wine just for folks going through the mortgage process, I'd definately want to invest in that!

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.