cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do you find your new pay off date? Spreadsheet?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

How do you find your new pay off date? Spreadsheet?

After having some bad  years and spending a lot of time fixing my credit I have become slightly OCD about money.  I pay off my credit cards every month.  I try to pay it off before the statement cuts so I only get bills for $0.00.  I keep track of my mortgage very carefully.  I have the original ammortization schedule that I got when I closed but I went onto a bi-weekly payment plan so I would pay it off faster.   Lately I have been adding extra to the principal so that my principal is a round number.  

Is there anyway that I can track it to find out the new payoff date as I add money to principal (also factoring in the taxes and home owners insurance in escrow.   I do not have PMI as I put 20% down.)?   I do not know how to build a spread sheet on excel.

I have tried different ammortization calculators on the web but they only seem to be able to let you make a one time payment or a regular payment.   My last payment to principal was 22.99   my next payment will be 17.23. 

Is my only option to call the bank when I feel I need to know and ask what the current payoff date is?   Last time I checked it was 5/2032 instead of 4/2040.

Message 1 of 1
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.