cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do you get rid of '120 days' late with Short Sale?

tag
ilzhoefer
Frequent Contributor

How do you get rid of '120 days' late with Short Sale?

Recently went through a SS with Chase. We had to be delinquent, 30, 60, 90 120 days late as the SS was in process of being negotiated and closed, etc. 

Is there a way to get rid of the late 30, 60, 90 120 days payments and have the SS still be on there?

Does this make sense?

Is it wishful thinking?

Would the late payments even matter since it is a SS?

Thank you!

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
JM-AM
Valued Contributor

Re: How do you get rid of '120 days' late with Short Sale?

For scoring it will matter. 

Good Luck
May all your dreams and wishes become a reality!
Message 2 of 6
ilzhoefer
Frequent Contributor

Has anyone been successful getting rid of the late payments while having a short sale?

Message 3 of 6
203bravo
Established Contributor

Since the lates are accurate remarks about your account you should attempt to GW them.

Message 4 of 6
ilzhoefer
Frequent Contributor

Sounds good to me.

I mean a Short sale is just like a foreclosure on a credit report, so if I can get rid of the late payments, it wouild look a little better on my credit report and hopefully make a little difference.

Has anyone out there tried getting rid of late payments when they have had a short sale?

Message 5 of 6
Tingnting
Valued Member

I was able to have 120 lates removed by Chase, however, I wasn't a short sale. Mine was an attempted loan mod that went into pre-foreclosure.  Send a letter to Chase and see what happens. In my case they removed 7 months of late payments.   I did however pay all back payments and penalties and was current for over 2 years after the lates. So YMMV. 

Good Luck

Starting Score: 606 EQ 2/11
Current Score: 738 EQ - 4/13, 702 TU - 3/13, 729 EX - 3/13 (Lender Pulled)
Goal Score: 700 Club

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.