cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How far ahead is closing scheduled for new build?

tag
tooleman694
Valued Contributor

Re: How far ahead is closing scheduled for new build?

When you meet with the builder he will give you a good idea.

My builder told me we are ahead of schedule and we could close in March if we wanted. Our home is at the same level of other March closers.

Message 11 of 24
Mike_B03
Valued Contributor

Meet with the builder? I haven't heard anything about meeting with the builder, why would I meet with them?

Message 12 of 24
tooleman694
Valued Contributor

He will be the guy that directs everything, gets all the crews out to build the house.. You will meet with him predrywall and again when its time to look for problems..

I was talking to my builder today, asking whats going in the house over the next few days..

From time to time I catch something and I let him know so he can get it fixed..

Message 13 of 24
Mike_B03
Valued Contributor

Oh, that must be the Field Manager you are talking about...he emailed me about a week ago saying congrats on the house purchase, gave me his cell phone and email and said he will be in charge of the building process and to let him know if I have any questions or concerns as the house gets built. Never said anything about meeting though. Smiley Tongue

Message 14 of 24
JM-AM
Valued Contributor

I was under the assumption they cleared land and are beginning.

You will be surprised how fast things go once the foundation is in and cured.
Good Luck
May all your dreams and wishes become a reality!
Message 15 of 24
Catacam
Frequent Contributor

They broke ground on our home Feb 2nd last year and we closed on May 29th. We also had two periods of about two weeks where there was no activity on our house at all. It is amazing how fast it goes and have fun documenting it if you are close enough! We have pictures and video of everything! Along with our family initials on the foundation and in the garage!

CLOSED ON OUR FIRST HOME MAY 30TH!!!

Starting Score: TU 589 EQ 526 EX603
Current Score: TU 635 EQ 603 EX ??
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 16 of 24
ccubedzx3
Regular Contributor

I think it all depends on any host of multiple factors.  They broke ground on our home back in September of 2012, and right now it is just about time to start Drywall.  We were originally quoted April of this year, but I don't know how they will finish in less than 90 days.   I don't see us moving in until May honestly.  They still have to complete the brick and siding on the exterior, the drywall and finish work on the interior, as well as the concrete driveway and walkway to the front door.  We also live in Michigan, where the weather can dictate whether the trades can work or not. There has not been anyone working on our site in over 10 days now.   It varies from builder to builder, and location I presume.

Starting Score:2/1/16 565
Current Score: 3/1/16 575
Lender Mid Score: 3/1/16 575

Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 17 of 24
Mike_B03
Valued Contributor

@JM-AM wrote:
I was under the assumption they cleared land and are beginning.

You will be surprised how fast things go once the foundation is in and cured.

They have cleared the land and are beginning end of this week with doing the layout and digging for the utilities.

From  reading everyone's replies, it sounds like it can vary on how long it takes. I always thought it took about 4 months, which would mean early June for us.

Message 18 of 24
tooleman694
Valued Contributor

Around thanksgiving time we were at the level you are at now. And we are close to being done.

Message 19 of 24
JM-AM
Valued Contributor

Yes it does vary. Winter times take a little longer. Rain can cause delays also.

No matter if May, June, July it will be here before you know it. Just the excitement makes us feel like its taking forever.
Good Luck
May all your dreams and wishes become a reality!
Message 20 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.