Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How fast?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

How fast?

Assuming all information was readily available how quickly (in the best of circumstance) can you go from starting the loan app to closing?
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How fast?

It took us a little over 6 weeks. had a pretty smooth process until the end.
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was cleared to close in just under 4 weeks but repairs held things to 5.  That was FHA.  Some programs are taking a bit longer right now, USDA and NACA come to mind.
Message 3 of 5
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

Mine...2 yrs ago...under 4 weeks.  My place needed some repairs too, but I chose contractors, got estimates & checks for them were cut by seller & held at closing until work was completed.  This work was done after I'd moved in...at my pace.
BK 7 discharge 06.24.2020 No Fico score at all. Smiley Sad
Message 4 of 5
SonorityGenius
Established Contributor

This is subjective and depends on EACH applicant - because not everyone will have same finances and documentation as others, your experience will always vary - and ofcourse, the lender side will also vary - are they backlogged with refis? Are the appraisers hired backed up? The UW is the final end point.. the loan package prepared by LO should always have everything, but than again why are there even Conditional List if thats the case - it isnt.  An UW can ask you a bizarre thing as I read earlier - how did you pay your credit card off? lmao

Anyway, it took us 5 weeks from offer to closing because we pretty much bombarded LO with EVERY single piece of paper on day 1

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.