Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How hard is it to get 90,000 mortgage with 620 but a recent late payment

tag
UpmyscoreinFL
Frequent Contributor

How hard is it to get 90,000 mortgage with 620 but a recent late payment

I have been looking at houses and there are several in the 80-100,000 price range that would fit my needs. I am pretty sure I can get my score to 620 in the next six months. Lease is up in august. Problem is I had two late payments on one credit card account so will only have six months clean payment history one that one account. I would have atleast twelve months on all other accounts. I have a short sale that I am three years out on, three paid collections, and one small unpaid. Everything else is current and in good standing. What do you think my chances of getting a 100,000 mortgage or less. I could put 10 percent down if need be. What are the best mortgage companies to call for my checkered credit history or am I outof luck? I also have stable employment same job for over 10 years make just over 40,000.
Equifax my fico 629
Transunion my fico 669
Experian fako 663
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
germaine47
Frequent Contributor

Re: How hard is it to get 90,000 mortgage with 620 but a recent late payment

Before I applied I sent a copy of my credit report over to my mortgage broker to see if I was on the right track.  She looked it over without pulling my credit and verified that I was ready.  It gave me the confidence to move forward and you will know exactly where you stand without question.

Fico September 2012; TU 681, EX 674, EQ 652
Fako October 2012: TU 706, EX 641,
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.