cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How is Wachovia to deal with when buying a short sale?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

How is Wachovia to deal with when buying a short sale?

I want to make an offer on a house that is a short sale.  Wachovia gave the guy the original mortgage.  Original mortgage had value of $226k, house is listing for $129,900.  Neighborhood is good, and should be able to get the $129,900.

How is Wachovia to deal with on short sales?  Do they take forever or are they fairly quick.  I understand the difference between approved short sale and just realtor hype.  The MLS does not mention if it is approved at that value or not, so I assume not.  My realtor is finding out all the info for me.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

Re: How is Wachovia to deal with when buying a short sale?

Not too long ago Wachovia was purchased by Wells Fargo.  I have had a checking acct for about 9 yrs with wachovia.  I have had a CC with them for about 3+.  They, in my opinion. have excellent customer service.  I spoke with them about a re-fi for my Chase mtg and I was informed that Wells Fargo has taken over the mortgage end of their bank. 

I'm not sure how Wells Fargo is...or if in actuality, but not "name", they have taken over  the mortgage you're speaking of.  If it is, in fact, still managed by Wachovia...I can't imagine their CS being any less than what I have received through the years.  If it's managed by WF...lets hope they mirror, if not exceed the CS of Wachovia.

Hope this helps! Smiley Happy

BK 7 discharge 06.24.2020 No Fico score at all. Smiley Sad
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks!  I read an article today from a realtor in San Diego that said Wachovia is great to deal with because they keep their "short sale" teams local.  So the person reviewing your offer is from that area.  They had nothing but good things to say.  We'll see how it goes.

I know some banks, like Chase, are difficult to deal with.  I just want to know approximately how long it will take.  I would like the $8k tax credit, and want to know if I should look elsewhere.

Message 3 of 5
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks!  I read an article today from a realtor in San Diego that said Wachovia is great to deal with because they keep their "short sale" teams local.  So the person reviewing your offer is from that area.  They had nothing but good things to say.  We'll see how it goes.

I know some banks, like Chase, are difficult to deal with.  I just want to know approximately how long it will take.  I would like the $8k tax credit, and want to know if I should look elsewhere.

Look elsewhere for the loan?  You can, but when was your credit pulled for Wachovia?  If you go with another bank, they will want to pull too & two pulls outside of a month or so (can't remember the exact timeframe) will result in a score drop.  Ever 10 pulls within the timeframe will be calculated by FICO as 1 inq.

Of course, if your scores are great, this won't be of consequence...if you're hovering in the lower 6's, this could be tricky.

BK 7 discharge 06.24.2020 No Fico score at all. Smiley Sad
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I meant look elsewhere for a house.  The guy that owns the house has a loan through Wachovia and he is short selling it.  I just wanted know how long they will mull over my offer and if they are easy to deal with.
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.