Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long after app spree should you apply for a mortgage

tag
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Re: How long after app spree should you apply for a mortgage

@ShanetheMortgageMan wrote:

Yes, it'd be a good idea to keep all credit card balances (including the AU) to as low of a balance as possible, for the credit score & also potentially your debt to income ratio.  You are welcome.

Thsi has probably been mentioned before and is sorta OT, but is there any way to get cards to a zero DTI point short of closing them, or am I stuck with a $15 minimum payment regardless of their balance history?

I may be confusing 3rd party analysis of my report and their DTI calc vs. what is actually utilized; as is I'm already going to have to write a check ahead of plan for my car and a secured loan to make way for the mortgage, and I may wind up being in a minimum DTI qualification so trying to get things as tight as possible.

        
Message 11 of 14
ShanetheMortgageMan
Super Contributor

Usually I recommend that you call up your creditor and ask what day they will report to the credit bureaus next, and also what date will they take the balance & payment from.  Then they just plan for the balance to be $0 on that date with no payment owed, we check credit a couple days afterwards to make sure it's carried over to the credit vendor data by then.

Free Mortgage Advice & Pre-Approvals (FHA, VA, USDA, Fannie, Freddie, Non-Prime, Construction, Renovation/Rehab, Commercial) since 2002
Located in Southern California and lending in all 50 states
Message 12 of 14
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@ShanetheMortgageMan wrote:

Usually I recommend that you call up your creditor and ask what day they will report to the credit bureaus next, and also what date will they take the balance & payment from.  Then they just plan for the balance to be $0 on that date with no payment owed, we check credit a couple days afterwards to make sure it's carried over to the credit vendor data by then.

Oh that's easy, thought it was going to be more complicated than that; many thanks sir!

        
Message 13 of 14
ShanetheMortgageMan
Super Contributor

De nada!

Free Mortgage Advice & Pre-Approvals (FHA, VA, USDA, Fannie, Freddie, Non-Prime, Construction, Renovation/Rehab, Commercial) since 2002
Located in Southern California and lending in all 50 states
Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.