Did you mean: 

How long before scores raise

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

How long before scores raise

My credit scores are as follows Equifax beacon 592Experian fairisaac 622

Trans union empirica 589

I have paid everything I owed off on my credit report. 1 Judgement That I have been paying on for over 2 years paid off in June 2009. another Judgement that was paid off in 2005. I also had a bankrupkty back in 2001. I now only owe on my Vehicle Loan which I had gotten just 4 months ago thru my credit union.

Does anyone know how long it takes to get your score higher. I need a 620 to get a mortage.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How long before scores raise

I guess it depends on what you mean by "paid off" everything you owe. In some cases, paying old collections off can actually lower your score because it re-ages the account. The only way you usually see a quick jump in scores is when an old collection is deleted/falls off (7 yrs) or you pay down credit card utilization. That will be updated the following month when payments are updated.
Message 2 of 3
Hox
New Contributor

Re: How long before scores raise

What kind of other revolving credit lines do you have?  Do you have any lates in the past year?  If you have CC what it the UTIL of them, they really need to be below 9% and sometimes 0 balance for any dramatic increase.
08/19/09 - LO Pull EX 707 TU 687 EQ 654
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.