cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long did it take to get an answer to your offer?

tag
redbeard
Frequent Contributor

Re: How long did it take to get an answer to your offer?

This is really going to depend on the market.  In a sellers market, the seller is going to wait as long as practical to see if a better offer comes in.  In a buyers market, they accept (or counter) faster.

Last house I sold, I had 10 offers in a weekend, waited a few days to get the other 3 that agents said were coming, then chose on Wednesday.  Clearly a sellers market.  Of course, if you turn around in buy in the same market, its hard to get your offer accepted.

Dan

Just trying to get my scores to rise from the dead......

Wait.... I think I just heard a heartbeat!

Message 21 of 24
IOBA
Senior Contributor

I am in the same area (DC/MD/VA metro area).

I have been told that in August, the real estate market is at an all time low around here.  People who bought earlier in the summer are closing/moving.  People who sold are moving.  People go on vacation.

I was told the market picks up again about the 3rd week in Sept through November.  Those who didn't fidn the right property earlier start looking again, after taking a break.  Those who think they should hurry up and buy before year end get out there and start hard core looking.

I missed the spring/early summer market due to things not working out with the realtor.  On the hunt now for another realtor and hoping to catch the fall market.

Hang in there!

Message 22 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good luck to you both!!

Message 23 of 24
tgrantly
Valued Member

I missed the spring too. Seems like as soon as July hit everything dried up. I'm hopeful
Message 24 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.