Credit Cards Center Credit cards from our partners
Regular Contributor

How long does a Closing usually take??

Good morning :-)

How long does the whole process of closing (from the time you sit down to the time you get the keys in your hand) usually take on closing day?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Lender provided FICO's:
6/19/09 - EFX, 694; TRU, 693; XPN, 723
7/8/09 - EFX, 688; TRU, 705; XPN, 723

CLOSED August 31, 2009!!!
Contributor

Re: How long does a Closing usually take??

We meet at a Starbucks with the title company rep and it took about 1.5 hours. My wife and I read everything. The title rep was annoyed, but being such a large purchase we wanted to make sure everything was in line.

Ours took about 30 minutes. Was told it would be around an hour. Good luck!
Regular Contributor

Thanks for the answers...I was thinking more like 2-4 hours!! Glad I asked :-)

Whoa! I can set-up my closing at a Starbucks?? That's Sooo tempting. Smiley Very Happy

Happy Hump Day!!

Lender provided FICO's:

Senior Contributor

So......when is your closing????  Smiley Surprised

Starting Score: 02/2015 TU 709 - EQ 676 - EX 729
Current Score: 07/2015 TU 730 - EQ 699 - EX 724
Goal Score: 850

Bury me in the garden...last app 08.09.15

New Contributor

mine took about 2 hours. my lawyer read through everything and even got a bunch of fees taken off for us Smiley Happy
Regular Contributor

BungalowMo wrote:
So......when is your closing????  Smiley Surprised

LOL, it's officially set for August 31st!! :-)
Lender provided FICO's:

Moderator Emeritus

Mine took about 2.5 to 3 hours.  Lots of documents to read and sign.  If you are able to get copies of the agreements and disclosures prior to the actual close date, you can save time by reading ahead of time and identifying any questions that you might have.

Don't let anyone rush you through the closing.  You are making a huge financial decision, and you should take all the time you need to understand what you're getting into.

Senior Contributor

Lel wrote:

Mine took about 2.5 to 3 hours.  Lots of documents to read and sign.  If you are able to get copies of the agreements and disclosures prior to the actual close date, you can save time by reading ahead of time and identifying any questions that you might have.

Don't let anyone rush you through the closing.  You are making a huge financial decision, and you should take all the time you need to understand what you're getting into.

I agree with that 100000000%!!!   My LO was supposed to go with me....she had to take her dad to the ER that day!  I told my agent...I need someone who knows what the *BLEEP* is going on....I am not going to walk into this totally unprotected.  Another LO went with me. 

Amazingly enough, the woman from the Title company was SO cool....she went over everything with me.  She let me know upfront that this was the largest purchase I may ever make and she wanted to be sure that I knew exactly what every signature and document was for.

While it took about 2 hours.....I walked away happy.  I am still very happy today.  Not one ounce of remorse about the entire purchase.

Mo

Starting Score: 02/2015 TU 709 - EQ 676 - EX 729
Current Score: 07/2015 TU 730 - EQ 699 - EX 724
Goal Score: 850

Bury me in the garden...last app 08.09.15

Regular Contributor

Getting copies of the paperwork before hand is a GREAT idea!! I'll see what my title agent can get for me. Thanks!!
Lender provided FICO's:

Forums posts are not provided or commissioned by FICO. Forums posts have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by FICO. It is not FICO's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.

Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
† Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on internal myFICO analysis of actual applicant approvals, and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range. These ranges were not provided by any card issuer.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.