Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long does a Closing usually take??

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

How long does a Closing usually take??

Good morning :-)

How long does the whole process of closing (from the time you sit down to the time you get the keys in your hand) usually take on closing day?

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How long does a Closing usually take??

We meet at a Starbucks with the title company rep and it took about 1.5 hours. My wife and I read everything. The title rep was annoyed, but being such a large purchase we wanted to make sure everything was in line.
Message 2 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ours took about 30 minutes. Was told it would be around an hour. Good luck!
Message 3 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the answers...I was thinking more like 2-4 hours!! Glad I asked :-)

Whoa! I can set-up my closing at a Starbucks?? That's Sooo tempting. Smiley Very Happy

Happy Hump Day!!

Message 4 of 14
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

So......when is your closing????  Smiley Surprised
BK 7 discharge 06.24.2020 No Fico score at all. Smiley Sad
Message 5 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

mine took about 2 hours. my lawyer read through everything and even got a bunch of fees taken off for us Smiley Happy
Message 6 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@BungalowMo wrote:
So......when is your closing????  Smiley Surprised

LOL, it's officially set for August 31st!! :-)
Message 7 of 14
Lel
Moderator Emeritus

Mine took about 2.5 to 3 hours.  Lots of documents to read and sign.  If you are able to get copies of the agreements and disclosures prior to the actual close date, you can save time by reading ahead of time and identifying any questions that you might have.

Don't let anyone rush you through the closing.  You are making a huge financial decision, and you should take all the time you need to understand what you're getting into.

Message 8 of 14
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

@Lel wrote:

Mine took about 2.5 to 3 hours.  Lots of documents to read and sign.  If you are able to get copies of the agreements and disclosures prior to the actual close date, you can save time by reading ahead of time and identifying any questions that you might have.

Don't let anyone rush you through the closing.  You are making a huge financial decision, and you should take all the time you need to understand what you're getting into.

I agree with that 100000000%!!!   My LO was supposed to go with me....she had to take her dad to the ER that day!  I told my agent...I need someone who knows what the *BLEEP* is going on....I am not going to walk into this totally unprotected.  Another LO went with me. 

Amazingly enough, the woman from the Title company was SO cool....she went over everything with me.  She let me know upfront that this was the largest purchase I may ever make and she wanted to be sure that I knew exactly what every signature and document was for.

While it took about 2 hours.....I walked away happy.  I am still very happy today.  Not one ounce of remorse about the entire purchase.

Mo

BK 7 discharge 06.24.2020 No Fico score at all. Smiley Sad
Message 9 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Getting copies of the paperwork before hand is a GREAT idea!! I'll see what my title agent can get for me. Thanks!!
Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.