cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long does an FHA appraisal take?

tag
Holly1221
Regular Contributor

Re: How long does an FHA appraisal take?

Pixie hang in there!  Our son went with me to the 2nd walk thru but doesn't "really" know why we were there.  He's 9 & we've been wanting to move so bad but with my credit situation thru all of this I didn't want him to get excited 'yet'!!  I never knew how stressful all of this could be but it will be SO REWARDING when we are ALL in our new homes!!

12/27/11: EQ 618 / TU 621 / EX 643 (lender pull for CLOSING!)
MYFICO: EQ 618 / TU 610 on 12-07-11
MyFico EQ: 603 on 12-01-11
Current: 594 EQ/ 616 EX/ 599 TU (lender pulls 11-28-11)
Previous: 555 EQ/ 552 EX/ 573 TU (lender pulls 10-28-11)
GOAL: NEW HOUSE ...GOT IT ON 01/27/12
2012 GOAL: 750
Message 41 of 135
payingoffdebt001
Frequent Contributor

I need to get out some popcorn! You all have ME on pins and needles to see who all gets to close.  Good luck everyone!!!

Message 42 of 135
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Scope27 wrote:
The question you need to ask is whether it not your realtor was right or wrong. How would you feel about getting into your dream house and a serious leak magically appears? Who's to blame in that situation? The appraiser or the realtor for letting him say that the house is all good when in fact it isn't. Maybe the appraiser got mad and nit picked every issue but ill rather be safe than sorry when making this type of investment. When in paying someone to do a job I don't want them to give me what I want to hear. I want the truth on the situation and not find myself fixing one thing after another on a great deal which in the long run puts me in a deep hole of crap. Don't know if its possible but if the funds are available try and get a second opinion and send that to the initial appraiser and allow them to compare results.

Easy question, the realtor was definitely wrong.  A leak magically appearing would be no one's fault.  Leaks happen. We are confident in the list of repairs our inspector gave us (along with what my dad saw & the appraiser's original report) and WE were willing to fix those as they were all small repairs.  The big repairs are the windows & the roof.  We KNOW about those.  We still want the house regardless.  The good of the house outweighs the cons.

The appraiser didnt find anything our inspector didnt find and tell us.  Actually the appraiser went based off our inpector's report.  It is a fact an appraiser isnt going to go into as much detail as an inspector will.  Thats why we hire inspectors right?

If we can get this deal to go through with the sellers replacing the roof, great.  BUT if they refuse to replace the roof, we are going to be essentially homeless.  It was not our realtor's call to make.  We wanted the option of negotiating half or all of the roof with the sellers and now we dont have a choice.

Message 43 of 135
Anonymous
Not applicable

@payingoffdebt001 wrote:

I need to get out some popcorn! You all have ME on pins and needles to see who all gets to close.  Good luck everyone!!!

Hahaha!  Isnt that the truth.  Its nice to talk to others going through the same stress.  My family just doesnt get what we are going through.

Pixie- Im lucky my only child is 1 so she doesnt know whats going on.

Toolie- I put up our artificial tree last night.  It was so easy and no mess.  It was worth the trouble b/c it has already put me in a better mood.  Im not going to decorate it though or get any other decorations out.  Im not worried about spending money as long as we dont make any big purchases I know we're good.

My realtor called this am, said the sellers realtor wanted to talk to my LO before she presented the sellers with our terms (she wanted to make sure she has it right).  She said the husband seller already fixed the railing on the deck that was on the appraiser's list (one less repair!).  I talked to my landlord.  We have to be out by Dec. 14th or we can stay 1 extra week if need be, so the 21st at the latest!  Ahhh!

We'll be moving in with my grandma who lives an hour away if this doesnt work out or we dont close in time.  This sucks so bad!

Message 44 of 135
lesaheart
Valued Member

@Tooliebell wrote:

Any updates from anyone waiting to close?  Our appraisal was done on Wednesday, so I am not expecting much until later in the week.  Pretty sad, I spent my 4 day weekend wishing it would just hurry up so work could be done!!!!  I will be so happy when this is over.

Closing in 7 days. Now, I'm stressing about the repairs. What a huge Christmas present for us all, though. Smiley Very Happy

Starting EQ score 6/13/2011: 645
Current EQ score: 675
Goal: 750
Message 45 of 135
incognitony
Frequent Contributor

Now the question is how long it takes the underwriter to finish with the appraisal. LO said 2 hours its been over 4 . So tired of waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaiting.

Message 46 of 135
PixieQueen80
Frequent Contributor

Do you guys want to hear something funny?  I finished underwriting, home inspection and appraisals back in September but still no closing due to no title lol I am currently just praying for a Valentine move date because I don't want to get my hopes up too much and from what the surveyor's office says 2 months puts me in the late part of January Smiley Surprised  I am trying everything to be optimistic about the situation.

Starting Scores (7/26/2010): EQ 517; TU 508; EX 527 (lender)
Scores Along the Way (11/4/2010): EQ 542; TU 547; (11/8/2010) EX Plus 641
Scores Along the Way: (4/15/2011): EQ 516; TU 622; EX 585 (lender)
Scores Along the Way: (8/25/2011): EQ 617; TU 627; EX 625 (lender)
Scores Along the Way: (11/28/2011): EQ 617; TU 645; EX 667 (lender)
Current Scores: (8/9/2013): EQ 634; TU 662; EX 694 (lender)
Closed on a Home: 12/30/2011 Goal Scores (8/25/2014): 700 club
Message 47 of 135
Booner72
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Scope27 wrote:
The question you need to ask is whether it not your realtor was right or wrong. How would you feel about getting into your dream house and a serious leak magically appears? Who's to blame in that situation? The appraiser or the realtor for letting him say that the house is all good when in fact it isn't. Maybe the appraiser got mad and nit picked every issue but ill rather be safe than sorry when making this type of investment. When in paying someone to do a job I don't want them to give me what I want to hear. I want the truth on the situation and not find myself fixing one thing after another on a great deal which in the long run puts me in a deep hole of crap. Don't know if its possible but if the funds are available try and get a second opinion and send that to the initial appraiser and allow them to compare results.

Easy question, the realtor was definitely wrong.  A leak magically appearing would be no one's fault.  Leaks happen. We are confident in the list of repairs our inspector gave us (along with what my dad saw & the appraiser's original report) and WE were willing to fix those as they were all small repairs.  The big repairs are the windows & the roof.  We KNOW about those.  We still want the house regardless.  The good of the house outweighs the cons.

The appraiser didnt find anything our inspector didnt find and tell us.  Actually the appraiser went based off our inpector's report.  It is a fact an appraiser isnt going to go into as much detail as an inspector will.  Thats why we hire inspectors right?

If we can get this deal to go through with the sellers replacing the roof, great.  BUT if they refuse to replace the roof, we are going to be essentially homeless.  It was not our realtor's call to make.  We wanted the option of negotiating half or all of the roof with the sellers and now we dont have a choice.

Wow!  You have patience and kindness in your heart I wouldn't have.  That Realtor would be gone already!! 
STARTING: 11/24/10 EQ-584 EXP-648 TU04-595
CLOSED FIRST HOME 8/19/11 EQ-630 EXP-691 TU04-653
CURRENT: EQ-701 EXP-??? TU08-720
Message 48 of 135
Tooliebell
Frequent Contributor

My news for the monring.  The appraisal is done and has been submitted to the underwriter.  It cam back over what our offer was which is good news.  Doesn't sound like there are repairs that need to be made so that is great.  HOWEVER, and wouldn't you know there would be yet another glitch.   The house used to sit on 80 acres.  The seller split off the house and 10 acres, which is what we are trying to buy.  The seller rents all tillable land out to a farmer who put it into corn.  Probably 7 of the 10 acres was in corn this year, it has been harvested.  Once we purchase the house (if ever!), those acres won't be available for the farmer to lease any longer because we own it.  The appraiser said subject land appears to be farmed.  The LO officer say the UW may want the seller to split off the land that is farmed.  WELL, no sale!  I don't want the house unless it comes with 10 acres. 

I am not sure what my options are here and I have to say I am a bit miffed about all of this.  Not sure what will happen now. 

Message 49 of 135
Holly1221
Regular Contributor

Why can't you say "YOU" will be farming the land! Or, you can rent it out as income?

12/27/11: EQ 618 / TU 621 / EX 643 (lender pull for CLOSING!)
MYFICO: EQ 618 / TU 610 on 12-07-11
MyFico EQ: 603 on 12-01-11
Current: 594 EQ/ 616 EX/ 599 TU (lender pulls 11-28-11)
Previous: 555 EQ/ 552 EX/ 573 TU (lender pulls 10-28-11)
GOAL: NEW HOUSE ...GOT IT ON 01/27/12
2012 GOAL: 750
Message 50 of 135
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.