cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long does it take a mortgage to post to your CR?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

How long does it take a mortgage to post to your CR?

I am in the process of buying a home and I am wondering if you can tell me how long it takes between the time you sign until the time it appears on your report? I have hear it can take as long as four months, but usually about two.

Thank you!

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: How long does it take a mortgage to post to your CR?

YMMV on the lender. IME it reported within 2-3 weeks on EQ and EX, with TU at a month and a half later.

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for the reply! My lender is Wells Fargo, if anyone has had an experience with them I would love to hear it. I am planning to request a credit line increase on two of my CC's right after signing but before the mortgage posts to my report. I have heard that just after your mortgage appears your score will tank for awhile so I would like to raise my limits before that happens.

Message 3 of 4
Booner72
Senior Contributor

We closed on 8/18 and the loan funded 8/19.  Then Academy Mortgage sold the loan to Wells Fargo  (At least it wasn't BoA).  So far, nothing has appeared on my reports.

STARTING: 11/24/10 EQ-584 EXP-648 TU04-595
CLOSED FIRST HOME 8/19/11 EQ-630 EXP-691 TU04-653
CURRENT: EQ-701 EXP-??? TU08-720
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.